Scholarship on Research and Teaching
Back to Kathleen Bratton's web page
General Resources: Scholarship on Research and Teaching
- Indiana University: Examples of Five Different Genres of Scholarship on Teaching & Learning
- Michigan University: Scholarship on Teaching and Learning. (Randy Bass). An essay that articulates the need to see teaching and learning as involving as set of problems or questions that can be examined, much as any set of problems or questions that are the focus of scholarship.
- AAUP: The Scholarship of Teaching And Learning
- Columbia University:
- Faculty Development Centers for Teaching and Learning
- Hartley, Peter, Amanda Woods, and Martin Pill. Eds. 2005. Enhancing Teaching in Higher Education: New Approaches for Improving Student Learning. Oxford: Routledge.
- Bain, Ken. 2004. What the Best College Teachers Do.
- Guring, Regan A.R., Nancy L. Chick, and Aeron Haynie. Exploring Signature Pedagogies; Approaches to Teaching Disciplinary Habits of Mind.
- Augsburg, Tanya and Stuart Henry. 2009. The Politics of Interdisciplinary Studies: Essays on the Transformation of American Undergraduate Programs (McFarland).
- Fry, Heather, Steve Ketteridge, and Stephanie Marshall. 2011. A Handbook for Teaching and Learning in Higher Education: Enhancing Academic Practice.
- Cho, YoonJung, Myoungsook Kim, Marilla D. Svinicki, and Mark Lowry Decker. 2011. "Exploring Teaching Concerns and Characteristics of Graduate Teaching Assistants." Teaching in Higher Education 16(3): 267-279.
The statements and opinions included in this website are those of Kate Bratton only. Any statements and opinions included in these webpages are not those of Louisiana State University or the LSU Board of Supervisors.