Scholarship on Research and Teaching
Back to Kathleen Bratton's web page
- Pascarella, Ernest T., Christopher T. Pierson, Gregory C. Wolniak, and Patrick T. Terenzini. 2004. "First-Generation College Students: Additional Evidence on College Experiences and Outcomes." Journal of Higher Education 75(3): 249-284.
- "First Generation Student Persistence." Teaching Professor 19(9): 4-4.
- Pike, Gary R. and George D. Kuh. 2005. "First- and Second-Generation College Students: A Comparison of Their Engagement and Intellectual Development." The Journal of Higher Education 76 (3): 276-300.
- U.S. Department of Education. "First-Generation Students in Postsecondary Education: A Look at Their College Transcripts."
- Merullo, Roland. 2002. "The Challenge of First-Generation College Students." Chronicle of Higher Education 48(40)
- Hao, Richie Neil. "Critical Compassionate Pedagogy and the Teacher's Role in First-Generation Student Success." New Directions for Teaching & Learning.
The statements and opinions included in this website are those of Kate Bratton only. Any statements and opinions included in these webpages are not those of Louisiana State University or the LSU Board of Supervisors.