Scholarship on Research and Teaching
Back to Kathleen Bratton's web page
From Start to Finish
- Brent, Rebecca and Richard M. Felder. 1999. "It's a Start." College Teaching 47(1)
- Maier, Mark H. and Ted Panitz. 1996. "End on a High Note." College Teaching 44(4):
- Indiana University: Avoiding the Mid-Semester Doldrums
- Hermann, Anthony D. and David A. Foster. 2008. "Fostering Approachability and Classroom Participation During the First Day of Class." Active Learning in Higher Education 9(2): 139-151.
- Anderson, Denise M., Francis A. McGuire, Lynne Cory. 2011. "The First Day It Happens Only Once." Teaching in Higher Education 16(3): 293-303.
- Indiana University: First Day of Class
- University of Michigan: First Days
- University of North Carolina: First Day of Class
- 2011. "What's Real in the Classroom". Teaching Professor 25(1):2-2.
- Hermann, Anthony D, David A Foster, and Erin E. Hardin. 2010. "Does the First Week of Class Matter? A Quasi-Experimental Investigation of Student Satisfaction." Teaching of Psychology 37(2): 79-84.
The statements and opinions included in this website are those of Kate Bratton only. Any statements and opinions included in these webpages are not those of Louisiana State University or the LSU Board of Supervisors.