Scholarship on Research and Teaching
Back to Kathleen Bratton's web page
- Indiana University: Administering and Interpreting Course Evaluations
- University of North Carolina: Peer Observation of Teaching
- University of Michigan: Evaluating Teaching
- University of Michigan: Evaluation of Teaching Effectiveness
- University of Michigan: Formative and Summative Evaluations
- University of Michigan: Teaching Portfolio
- Rutgers University: Teaching Portfolios
Catalyst for Change in Higher Education Classes." Active Learning in Higher Education 5(3): 217-231.
Onwuegbuzie, Anthony J., Ann E. Witcher, Kathleen M.T. Collins, Janet D. Filer, Cheryl D. Wiedmaier, Chris W. Moore. 2007. "Student Perceptions of Characteristics of Effective College Teachers: A Validity Study of a Teaching Evaluation Form Using a Mixed-Methods Analysis." American Educational Research Journal 44(1): 113-160.
- Davidovitch, Nitza and Dan Soen. 2006. "Using Students' Assessments to Improve Instructors' Quality of Teaching." Journal of Further and Higher Education 30(4): 351-376.
- Lindahl, Mary W. and Michael L. Unger. 2010. "Cruelty in Student Teaching Evaluations." College Teaching 58: 71-76.
- Kogan, Lori R., Regina Schoenfeld-Tacher, and Peter W. Hellyer. 2010. "Student Evaluations of Teaching: Perceptions of Faculty Based on Gender, Position, and Rank." Teaching in Higher Education 15(6): 623-636.
- Shortland, Sue. 2010. "Feedback within Peer Observation: Continuing Professional Development and Unexpected Consequences." Innovations & Teaching International 47(3): 295-304.
- Theall, Michael. 2010. "Evaluating Teaching: From Reliability to Accountability." New Directions for Teaching & Learning 123: 85-95.
The statements and opinions included in this website are those of Kate Bratton only. Any statements and opinions included in these webpages are not those of Louisiana State University or the LSU Board of Supervisors.