The Encounter Engineering (E2) Bridge Camp provides a great opportunity for incoming freshmen to get a head start on their college experience. At E2, entering freshmen in engineering, construction management, and computer science will be prepared for their future in the College of Engineering and beyond. Students will participate in various team-building and design activities, attend academic sessions, and meet upperclassmen, faculty, and industry partners. Students are placed in small teams, each led by a peer mentor who will guide them throughout the week. Encounter Engineering is sponsored by Shell.
The 2018 E2 sample schedule includes a general timeline for the week with descriptions of specific activities.
Application & Fees
- Applications are open for the 2019 E2 Camp!
- Camp Dates: August 16-21, 2019
- E2 Cost = $350 + additional housing fee for the extra night (if living on campus)
- $350 fee includes a $50 nonrefundable deposit
- Housing fee only applies if student has a reservation to live on campus in Fall 2019 - no housing will be provided to students without a fall housing assignment
- Charge for E2 will be applied directly to the student's billing statement on myLSU sometime after July 15th ($350)
- Housing fee will be applied to the student's billing statement after the first day of school
- These two forms need to be completed and uploaded with your application: E2 Contract and Challenge Course Medical Form and Participation Agreement
- Application deadline: July 15, 2019 at 11:59pm CST
Other Important Information
- Must be registered in a major offered by the College of Engineering (or in undecided engineering/science) and have an LSUID number (89#) in order to apply.
- Space is limited. Students will be accepted to the program on a first come, first serve basis.
- There is a $50 nonrefundable application fee.
- July 2 – July 15, 2019 = 50% camp fee refund deadline.
- No refunds after July 15, 2018.
- If you opt not to attend LSU but do not notify the program, you will still be charged.
- E2 does not provide housing, but you can move into your Fall Residential Hall Assignment on Friday, August 16, 2019. The list of E2 participants will be provided to Residential Life by E2 staff based on the information you provide on your application form.
- A separate charge for housing will appear on your myLSU billing statement sometime after school starts.
- Contact LSU Res Life for more information on housing matters.
- Lunch is provided every day of E2, and dinner will be provided on Friday and Saturday. You are responsible for the rest of your meals.
- LSU Dining Halls will be open during the camp, so meal plans can be used.
A limited number of partial camp fee waivers are available based on financial need as determined by your FAFSA and other factors. Applicants will be notified if they qualify for one of these partial waivers before the beginning of the camp.
Contact the E2 staff for further questions at: E2Camp@lsu.edu