Tailgating in Approved Greek Chapter Houses
A select list of of Interfraternity Council-based student organization may apply to host tailgates in their Greek Chapter Houses. To clarify whether your organization is eligible, contact Greek Life.
Any other student organization using this process to apply for a tailgate with alcohol will have their application denied. They will be referred to submit an application for “Registered Student Organization Tailgating on the Parade Ground.”
Any student designated as an organization officer on your TigerLink-based roster can create an event by following these directions:
- the officer should select “Manage Organization” on the organization’s main TigerLink page
- select the drop down menu (the three horizontal bars)
- select “Events” from the drop-down menu
- select the blue “Create Event” button on that screen
- begin filling out the form and click the “Continue to Custom field” after the second screen
- Click the item “A Greek Chapter House Tailgate” on the third screen. TigerLink will save information as you proceed through the Event Approval form (this is your own copy of the email).
Make note of the deadlines for each tailgating Game day application. Each Game day application must be submitted individually. Be sure to write “Chapter House Tailgating: LSU v. ________” as the title of your event.
LSU v. Southeastern LA - Saturday, Sept. 8
Deadline to apply: Sunday, August 26 at 11:59pm
- LSU v. Louisiana Tech - Saturday, Sept. 22
Deadline to apply: Sunday, Sept. 9 at 11:59pm
- LSU v. Univ. of Mississippi - Saturday, Sept. 29
Deadline to apply: Sunday, Sept. 16 at 11:59pm
- LSU v. Univ. of Georgia - Saturday, Oct. 13
Deadline to apply: Sunday, Sept. 30 at 11:59pm
- LSU v. Mississippi State - Saturday, Oct. 20
Deadline to apply: Sunday, Oct. 7 at 11:59pm
- LSU v. Univ. of Alabama - Saturday, Nov. 3
Deadline to apply: Sunday, Oct. 21 at 11:59pm
LSU v. Rice - Saturday, Nov. 17
Deadline to apply: Sunday, Nov. 4 at 11:59pm
Once you have completed the information, be sure to proceed to the very last page where you can hit “Submit” form.
Afterwards, a copy of the submitted form will be the “Submissions” folder of the officer who submitted it. To find that folder: 1) you can click on your profile picture, expand the drop down menu, and click “Submissions”; or, 2) you can view your Tigerlink submissions.
Make note of the dates when organization will hear about their application.