Letter from the Dean
Welcome to LSU!
Fall 2019 promises to be an exciting semester for LSU and our students. If we have not met, I urge you to introduce yourself to me and share your LSU story. I like to be called Mari (pronounced Mah-dee).
The Office of the Dean of Students has been busy planning for the Fall 2019 semester. The priorities of our office include leadership & involvement; diversity, inclusion & cultural competence; holistic student development; and safety & security. Some of our plans for this semester include;
- welcoming students at events during the Welcome Week and introducing LSU's Commitment to Community
- celebrating students’ eligibility to wear the LSU Ring during LSU Ring Week (September 3-6 at Barnes & Noble LSU) and presenting rings to students at the LSU Ring Ceremony on November 10th;
- hosting the and campus traditions such as Fall Fest and Homecoming Week;
- promoting safety resources available to our community at Public Safety Day on August 28 (10am-2pm, Tower Drive) and through the Stay Safe LSU campaign;
- hosting National Coalition Building Institute (NCBI) Welcoming Diversity Workshops; and
- providing new educational information for Louisiana's hazing laws through organizational leader, A Moodle Module and our Hazing website . Be on the lookout for more information and events.
I also want to make you aware of a campus-wide initiative called LSU Cares; which is dedicated to the well-being of students and the promotion of a community that cares about each of its members. If at any time you have a concern or complaint, please submit your concern through the LSU Cares webpage. Take time to read our Code of Conduct, which teaches you LSU's Values and Principles.
Our staff are here to be your advocates, cheerleaders, and supporters throughout your college experience. There are student services and resources available through the Office of the Dean of Students designed to help build your LSU tradition. Geaux Tigers!
Mari Fuentes-Martin, Ed.D.
Associate Vice President & Dean of Students
P.S. Follow us on Instagram & Twitter, @LSUdeanstudents!