Friday, August 13th, 2021
These events will be held indoors at the Pete Maravich Assembly Center. Masks will be required at all times. Please know that if the status of the pandemic changes, or if the state’s event guidelines change, these ceremonies could also change. At this time, here is what you can expect:
- There will be no restrictions on the number of attending guests.
- Graduates will be seated in physically distanced seats and will be invited to walk across the stage while their names are called.
- There will be a minimal platform party and minimal attendance by LSU faculty to reduce the density of people at the ceremonies. Consequently, there will be no faculty processions at either of the ceremonies.
- The commencement will be supported by professional event staff who will direct participants to appropriate seating, facilitate physical distancing and ensure appropriate use of masks.
- Doors will open for each event approximately one hour prior to the start of the ceremony. Guests planning to sit together must enter the venue together, as the saving of seats will not be permitted due to physical distancing precautions.
- Once seated, all guests should refrain from moving about the venue for the duration of the ceremony due to physical distancing and health precautions.
- At the culmination of the ceremony, graduates and their guests should plan to meet outside the venue. The facility will need to be cleared in order for sanitation to take place before the following ceremony.
- Clear bags will not be required. However, all bags will be subject to a search upon entry.
|11:00 a.m.||Undergraduate and Post-Baccalaureate Students
Location: Maravich Assembly Center
Student check-in will begin at 10:00 a.m. between the ramps on the south side of the assembly center.