Teaching and Tutoring Resources
- LSU Libraries Music Resources
- Humanizing Online Teaching
- By Drs. Mary Raygoza, Raina León, and Aaminah Norris, Saint Mary's College of California
- Going Online in a Hurry: What to Do and Where to Start
- From The Chronicle of Higher Education
- Teaching Intelligence: How To Take Your Classes Online
- From Times Higher Education
- Remote Teaching Resources for Higher Education
- Crowd-sourced spreadsheet of links to the online contingency plans at other colleges and universities.
- Twitter Thread: "It's Ok - Maybe Even Necessary - To Scale Back On What Your Class Does"
- Smart Music
- General music teaching resource, now free for those impacted by COVID-19 closures.
- LSU SOM has an account. Contact Zach Hazelwood for an invitation to use this resource.
Theatre and Dance
- Teaching Theatre Online: A Shift in Pedagogy
- By Dr. Daphnie Sicre
- Resources for Moving Dance-Based Pedagogy Online
- From the Dance Studies Association
- 10 Things Student Actors Can Do During COVID-19 School Closures
- From Actors' Aesthetic
- University Resident Theatre Association (URTA)
- United States Institute for Theater Technology
Music Theory and Sight Reading
- Free music theory exercises and lessons.
- Free music theory reference, lessons, and acadmeic articles.
- Free online "textbook" for collegiate-level music theory courses.
- Sightreading Factory
- Free student accounts to students at universities closed by COVID-19 outbreak.
- Offers sight reading and sight singing practice.
- Free online ear training.
Musicology, Scores, and Recordings
- Oxford Music Online
- Online music dictionary, articles, and more. Free with LSU login.
- Naxos Music Library
- Online database for streaming music recordings. Free with LSU login.
- Classical Scores Library
- Online database of music scores. Free with LSU login.
- IMSLP Petrucci Music Library
- Database of public domain music scores and recordings. Free for all.
- NAFME Music Standards
- NAFME Music Model Cornerstone Assessment
- Christopher Bill's Guide to Music Education
- NOTE: his suggestions may apply to other areas of study!
Voice, Choir, and Opera
- Open blog with articles about choral singing.
Winds and Percussion
- Resources forthcoming.
- Berliner Philharmoniker Digital Concert Hall
- Collection of performances by the Berlin Philharmonic, now free due to COVID-19 outbreak.
- Promo code "BERLINPHIL" must be redeemed by March 31.
- Ways of Gathering in the Age of COVID-19
- From Howlround
- List of Arts Resources During COVID-19
- From Creative Capital
- OPINION: Academe’s Coronavirus Shock Doctrine
- NOTE: subscription required to read.
- COVID-19 and Freelance Artists