Remote Advising Overview
Given the recent decision regarding the suspension of face-to-face classes, course scheduling and registration for the Spring Intersession, Summer 2020, and Fall 2020 semesters will now be handled remotely.
It may not be possible for the CMDA Office of Student Success to conduct the same level of in-depth advising you may be accustomed to, given the nature of a statewide public health emergency. Because we are working remotely, we ask that you seek advising in the follow ways:
- In preparation of scheduling for the Fall 2020 semester, utilize resources available
to you, including the attached documents, links to online resources (below), and the
general catalog BEFORE you reach out to us for help. Additionally, we ask that you start planning now and
do not wait until the last minute to address scheduling concerns, as there will likely
be delays in our response times.
- During this closure, we ask that your primary method of contact with us be via email.
We realize this is different from what we usually ask you to do, but necessary at
this time. Please DO NOT send multiple emails and DO NOT send the same email to both of us, as it will only delay our ability to respond to
everyone in a reasonable amount of time. We will answer all emails in the order in
which they are received.
- Should your situation be too complex to be handled by email, or you feel it would be more beneficial to discuss over the phone, you may schedule a phone advising appointment via the Navigate Student App. You must leave your cell number in the “Comment” when scheduling your appointment. An academic advisor will call you at the time of your appointment. (Your phone may display “no caller ID” when the advisor contacts you.) You must schedule a phone appointment at least 12 hours in advance, so again, please plan ahead. Appointments are limited to 15 minutes. Same day appointments and drop-in appointments are not available while we are operating remotely.
We anticipate many challenges during this unprecedented event, and we ask for your patience as we all work through this new environment together.
Links and Advising Resources
Course Information and Flowcharts
- Schedule Booklets
- Please note that the Fall 2020 schedule booklet may not be available yet.
- School of Music Degree Plans / Flowcharts
- School of Theatre Degree Plans / Flowcharts
- General Education Requirements
- General Catalog - College of Music & Dramatic Arts
- Provides current academic policies, procedures, recommended paths, course descriptions, and more.
- To view recommended paths for Music & Dramatic Arts, select School of Music or School of Theatre, then select your Degree Program, then select your Area of Concentration.
- CMDA Undergraduate Advising - Frequently Asked Questions
- Academic Calendar 2019 - 2020
- Important Dates:
- March 29 (course scheduling opens for future sessions at 5:00 p.m.)
- April 6 (course drop deadline, 4:30 p.m.)
- Important Dates:
Instructions and Guides
(If you have any accessibility concerns with these instructions / PDF files, please contact the Office of Student Success directly.)