Remote Advising Overview
Given the suspension of face-to-face classes, course scheduling and registration for the Spring Intersession, Summer 2020, and Fall 2020 semesters will now be handled remotely.
It may not be possible for the CMDA Office of Student Success to conduct the same level of in-depth advising you may be accustomed to, given the nature of a public health emergency. Because we are working remotely, we ask that you seek advising in the follow ways:
- In preparation of scheduling for the Fall 2020 semester, utilize resources available
to you, including the attached documents, links to online resources (below), and the
general catalog BEFORE you reach out to us for help. Additionally, we ask that you start planning now and
do not wait until the last minute to address scheduling concerns, as there will likely
be delays in our response times.
- During this closure, we ask that your primary method of contact with us be via email.
We realize this is different from what we usually ask you to do, but necessary at
this time. Please DO NOT send multiple emails as it will only delay our ability to respond to everyone in
a reasonable amount of time. We will answer all emails in the order in which they
- Should your situation be too complex to be handled by email, or you feel it would be more beneficial to discuss over the phone, you may schedule a phone advising appointment via the Navigate Student App. After downloading, please use existing myLSU credentials to sign into the Navigate Student app. Please provide a current phone number as University on-campus services are suspended. An CMDA academic advisor will call you at the time of your scheduled appointment (the incoming call will appear as “No Caller ID”). Appointments are scheduled according to Central Standard Time (CST). Phone Advising Appointments must be scheduled 24 hours in advance. Same day appointments and drop-in appointments are not available while we are operating remotely.
We anticipate many challenges during this unprecedented event, and we ask for your patience as we all work through this new environment together.
Links and Advising Resources
Course Information and Flowcharts
- Schedule Booklets
- The Schedule Booklet is released for each semester and includes scheduling instructions and important information such as critical scheduling dates, dates fee bills are available and due, last day to add/drop courses, and the final exam schedule.
- School of Music Degree Plans / Flowcharts
- School of Theatre Degree Plans / Flowcharts
- General Education Requirements
- General Catalog - College of Music & Dramatic Arts
- Provides current academic policies, procedures, recommended paths, course descriptions, and more.
- To view recommended paths for Music & Dramatic Arts, select School of Music or School of Theatre, then select your Degree Program, then select your Area of Concentration.
- CMDA Undergraduate Advising - Frequently Asked Questions
- Academic Calendar 2020 - 2021
- Important Dates:
- March 29 - Course scheduling opens at 5:00 p.m. for the next fall semester, summer intersession, and winter intersession.
- April 13 - Course drop deadline for Spring 2020 Semester is 4:30 p.m.
- April 27 - Continuing students must schedule classes for the Summer 2020 Semester by this date, or they will need to register late and will be assessed the $75 late
registration service charge.
July 8 - Continuing students must schedule classes for the Fall 2020 Semester by this date or they will need to register late and will be assessed the $75 late registration service charge.
- Important Dates:
Instructions and Guides
(If you have any accessibility concerns with these instructions / PDF files, please contact the Office of Student Success directly.)