The LSU Music Boot Camp is an intensive program designed specifically for incoming music majors. The program is focused on helping students make a smooth transition to LSU music and campus life prior to the start of the fall semester.
Dates: August 17 - 23, 2019 (tentative)
Cost: $50.00 – Early housing available (Only for students living on campus, additional fees apply)
*Co-registration of the Music Boot Camp with other activities (offered during the same dates) such as Tiger Band Camp or STRIPES is prohibited.
Registration Fee Includes: all activities/materials/Boot Camp T-shirt
Registration Deadline: July 26, 2019
Questions can be directed to Paloma Gonzalez at firstname.lastname@example.org or 225-578-6047.
Registration will open later this Spring.
At LSU Music Boot Camp, participants will:
- Learn important study skills
- Participate in Music History and Theory lectures
- Complete practice exams and review with faculty
- Collaborate with faculty and peer mentors in a variety of engaging activities
- Meet faculty, graduate students, and university staff in a relaxed, informal setting
- Early Res Life check-in available
- Program check-in
- Tours of facilities and the LSU campus
- Meet ‘n‘ Greet Brunch
- Monday, Tuesday, Wednesday
- Content intensive classes
- Area specific workshops
- Faculty-led group activities
- Peer-led group activities
- Campus Resource staff presentations
- Practice Test sessions
- Review and discussion of test results with faculty mentors
- Final peer-led closing activities
Students attending the Music Boot Camp will be expected to attend all events during the days of the camp; evenings will be left free for students to participate in the larger LSU Community “Welcome Week” events.