MS Admission Criteria
Thank you for your interest in joining the School of Leadership & Human Resource Development Master of Science (MS) program. This page describes the admission criteria for our program. We make every effort to review application materials as quickly as possible. In order to do so, you will need to submit several pieces of information with your application. Failure to submit ALL of the documents listed below in a timely fashion will delay the admission decision.
Required Application Materials:
- Resume or CV with a complete and accurate chronological outline of all previous college-level education and full-time professional work experience
- Two letters of recommendation
- Undergraduate transcripts
- Post-baccalaureate transcripts
- Graduate transcripts
- Personal statement expressing your interest in the program. In 500 words or less introduce yourself to the faculty, describe your professional and academic goals, and explain how you think our MS program fits your interests and goals.
Grade Point Average (GPA) Requirements:
A student is eligible for regular admission if the student's cumulative undergraduate Grade Point Average (GPA) is 3.0 or above.
- If a student's cumulative undergraduate GPA is below 3.0, that student is eligible for regular admission if the GPA is greater than 3.0 for the last 60 hours of undergraduate work.
- IF a student's GPA is between 2.55 and 3.0, both cumulatively and during the last 60 hours of undergraduate work, that student is eligible for regular admission only after completing at least 9 credit hours of graduate-level courses with a graduate GPA above a 3.0.
Applicants with an undergraduate cumulative GPA between 2.55 – 2.99 can be admitted to the program "on probation" at the School's discretion, based on a review of the application materials. Applicants with an undergraduate GPA below 2.55 will not be considered for admission to the MS program.
Graduate Record Exam (GRE):
The Graduate Record Exam (GRE) is highly recommended, but not mandatory, for applicants.
We admit students to the program throughout the year. Applications are due by the below dates for the corresponding semesters:
- Fall semester - May 15
- Spring semester - October 15
- Summer semester - April 15
Please note: Meeting the minimum admission requirements does not ensure acceptance into the program.
All applicants must adhere to the application procedures and deadlines established by the LSU Graduate School and the School of Leadership and Human Resource Development.