Scholarships for Current Students
The College of Human Sciences & Education annually awards various scholarships and fellowships to its undergraduate and graduate students and to students pursuing secondary education concentrations in the College of Humanities & Social Sciences and the College of Science. Scholarship availability, amount and eligibility requirements vary according to donor wishes.
Students interested in other undergraduate and graduate scholarships or fellowships should contact the individual schools (School of Education, School of Leadership & Human Resource Development, School of Kinesiology, School of Library & Information Science, and School of Social Work).
The Scholarship Application Process
- At the beginning of the spring semester, all currently enrolled students in the college will receive an email asking to complete a scholarship application.
- Students will need to include an education plan and goals statement and financial need statement with the application.
- Applicants must be currently enrolled students in the College of Human Sciences & Education, and must enroll full-time for both the fall and spring semesters of the next academic year.
- Scholarship criteria vary according to each donor. Students must be in good academic standing with the university and college.
- Then, the College scholarship committee reviews the information of all eligible students and award scholarships. If a student is chosen to receive a scholarship, they will be notified by email.
Award Notification Timeline
Students who applied will receive an email regarding the committee’s decisions.
Our generous donors provide the scholarships offered by the LSU College of Human Sciences & Education. For this reason, students are asked to provide a written thank you note prior to receiving a scholarship. Any student who does not provide a thank you note or may have their scholarship money withheld or become ineligible to receive future scholarships from the College of Human Sciences & Education.
For more information on College of Human Sciences & Education scholarships, please email firstname.lastname@example.org.