Who We Are
The CHSE Ambassadors are a group of high achieving, diverse and well-rounded student leaders who have declared a major within the College of Human Sciences & Education. They provide Collegiate Outreach for Recruitment & Engagement (CORE) support within the College, on campus and in the community.
CHSE Ambassadors assist the College with recruitment initiatives, campus programs, outreach efforts, banquets, special events and other activities.
Ambassador applications open in the Spring.
Benefits of Being a CHSE Ambassador
- Build friendships with other CHSE students
- Serve as a role model to prospective and current students.
- Improve team building, leadership and communication abilities.
- Develop special event and program planning skills.
- Plan and participate in community engagement and service projects.
- Identify and articulate information about the schools and majors in the CHSE.
- Recruit students into the CHSE.
- Develop rapport with CHSE faculty, staff, and administrators.
- Serve as a leader in the CHSE and on campus.
- Participate in networking opportunities with alumni and community leaders.
- Gain an opportunity to build your resume.
- Earn official CHSE Ambassador accessories and regalia.
- Receive special recognition upon graduation from CHSE.
- Must submit application with your LSU email address.
- Must be in good standing with LSU & CHSE.
- Must have a 3.0 minimum LSU GPA.
- Must have a minimum of 24 coursework hours completed and 48 hours remaining until graduation by the end of spring 2021.*
- Must be admitted to CHSE or be eligible for admission into the College no late than the first day of fall 2021 classes.**
- Must demonstrate enthusiasm for CHSE Ambassadors, the College and LSU.
- Must have a sincere desire to promote and represent CHSE in a professional manner.
- Must be able to attend required number of events and follow CHSE Ambassador Contract of Expectations and Membership Policy upon acceptance into the organization.
- Must submit resume and a letter of application explaining your LSU Story and why you are interested in becoming a CHSE Ambassador.
- Must submit Agreement of Conduct and Consent to Release Student Records.
- Must submit list of 2020-21 academic year commitments.
- Must present 2 letters of Recommendation: 1 letter from a CHSE/LSU faculty or staff member. 1 letter from a person who can speak about your leadership, work ethic, professional goals, and service to community (e.g. high school teacher, counselor, coach, mentor, pastor, and previous or current employer.