Faculty Office Hours
Consult with your instructor for additional assistance. Your syllabus includes contact information and office hours.
Shell Tutorial Center
Trained peer tutors help with homework, test preparation and study strategies. No appointment is necessary, but check the tutor availability schedule.
141B Middleton Library
Hours of Operation:
M-Th: 9:30am - 7pm
Fri: 9:30 - 3pm
Sun: 1:00 - 5pm
Times may change during scheduled academic breaks.
Additional On-Campus Tutoring
This service is from the State Library of Louisiana. You can access it from a public library or your home in Louisiana.
900 free minutes available for current students. Students can access this service on MyLSU through the Student Services drop down menu.
Supplemental Instruction (SI) is a series of weekly study sessions offered for students enrolled in historically difficult courses. Students who attend three or more SI sessions typically earn a 0.5 letter grade higher than students who do not attend.
Session times and locations subject to change. Please visit our Supplemental Instruction page for detailed SI schedules.
Programs, Workshops & Events
Academic Coaching Session
Personal meetings with each student set a course for success. Together, the student and academic coach decide which learning strategies and time management techniques yield the greatest benefit. Learn more and schedule an appointment.
CAS Weekly Newsletter
Subscribe to our Success Sundays newsletter for helpful study tips and weekly updates
on events, services, and resources. Visit our newsletter page to subscribe.
- Black Male Leadership Initiative by Office of Diversity
- Distinguished Communicator Certification from CxC
- Genesis Mentoring provided by Office of Multicultural Affairs
- Tiger Transition Team from First Year Experience
Additional On-Campus Resources
- Middleton Library offers study space, printed and electronic resources and librarian subject specialists
able to help with research in specific academic areas.
- LSU Cares connects students with the appropriate campus resources to address a variety of issues from academic to medical.