Oxford Ionfab System 300+ Ion Mill
For questions concerning this machines capabilities, please contact Shaloma Malveaux, at 578-9343.
Removal of metallic patterns from a surface can be performed evenly with this inert gas ion beam system, which uses a projected Ar ion beam to sputter etch the surface of a six inch wafer at the users choice of angle and rotation speed. The Ionfab 300+ can allow researchers to investigate thin film structures with vertical or angled side walls. The platen is water cooled to reduce sample heating.
- 1000V ion source gun
- Non reactive gas
- Turbo pumped to 1*10-6
- Water cooling of the substrate
- Variable orientation of substrate
- Substrate rotation
- Semiautomatic processing available
- Adjustable process control over a large range of beam voltages
- High selectivity
- Large variety of masking layers
- Metal and Si patterning
- Metal layer removal