2017 Publications and Presentations
IR / VUV
- R. Di Mauro, M. J. Kupchik, M. C. Benfield, Abundant plankton-sized microplastic particles in shelf waters of the northern Gulf of Mexico. Environ Pollut 230, 798-809 (2017).
- T. Ghomian, S. Farimand, J.-W. Choi, The effect of isopropylamine-capped PbS quantum dots on infrared photodetectors and photovoltaics. Microelectronic Engineering 183-184, 48-51 (2017).
- L. Routaboul et al., Changes in molecular film metallicity with minor modifications of the constitutive quinonoid zwitterions. RSC Advances 7, 21906-21917 (2017).
- Wang C, Pakhomova S, Newcomer ME, Christner BC, Luo B-H (2017) Structural basis of
antifreeze activity of a bacterial multi-domain antifreeze protein. PLoS ONE 12(11): e0187169. https://doi.org/10.1371/journal.pone.0187169
- Olatinwo, MB; Ham, K ; McCarney, J ; Marathe, S; Ge, JH; Knapp, G; Butler, LG, “Recent applications of X-ray grating interferometry imaging to evaluate flame retardancy performance of brominated flame retardant,” Polymer Degradation and Stability 138, 1-11 (2017) DOI: 10.1016/j.polymdegradstab.2017.02.001
- J. Fan, G. Li, High performance and tunable artificial muscle based on two-way shape memory polymer. RSC Advances 7, 1127-1136 (2017).
- E. E. Feld-Cook, L. Bovenkamp-Langlois, S. M. Lomnicki, “Effect of Particulate Matter Mineral Composition on Environmentally Persistent Free Radical (EPFR) Formation,” Environ Sci Technol 51, 10396-10402 (2017).
- U. Zanzen, L. Bovenkamp-Langlois, W. Klysubun, J. Hormes, A. Prange, “The interaction of copper ions with Staphylococcus aureus, Pseudomonas aeruginosa, and Escherichia coli: an X-ray absorption near-edge structure (XANES) spectroscopy study,” Arch Microbiol, (online) https://doi.org/10.1007/s00203-017-1454-2 (2017).
- Roy, A. and J. A. Stegemann “Nickel speciation in cement-stabilized/solidified metal treatment filtercakes.” Journal of Hazardous Materials 321, 353-361 (2017).
- Wu, Y., H. Fu, A. Roy, P. Song, Y. Lin, O. Kizilkaya and J. Xu “Facile one-pot synthesis of 3D graphite-SiO2 composite foam for negative resistance devices.” RSC Advances 7(66): 41812-41818 (2017).
- Haynes, D. J., D. Shekhawat, D. A. Berry, J. Zondlo, A. Roy and J. J. Spivey “Characterization of calcination temperature on a Ni-substituted lanthanum-strontium-zirconate pyrochlore.” Ceramics International 43(18): 16744-16752 (2017).
- MC Patterson, MF DiTusa, CA McFerrin, RL Kurtz, RW Hall, ED Poliakoff, “Formation of environmentally persistent free radicals (EPFRs) on ZnO at room temperature: Implications for the fundamental model of EPFR generation,” Chemical Physics Letters 670, 5-10 (2017).
- Holley, M. T.,Yekrang Safakar, A., Maziveyi, M., Alahari, S. K., Park, K., “Measurement of cell traction force with a thin film PDMS cantilever,” Biomed Devices, 19, 97-106 (2017).
- Holley MT, Nagarajan N, Danielson C, Zorlutuna P, Park K. Cardiac Muscle-cell Based Actuator and Self-stabilizing Biorobot - PART 1. J Vis Exp. 2017 Jul. doi:10.3791/55642. PMID: 28745624.
- Nagarajan N, Holley MT, Danielson C, Park K, Zorlutuna P. Cardiac Muscle Cell-based Actuator and Self-stabilizing Biorobot - Part 2. J Vis Exp. 2017 May. doi:10.3791/55643. PMID: 28518129.
- Song, Edward, da Costa, Tallis H., Choi, Jin-Woo, “A chemiresistive glucose sensor fabricated by inkjet printing,” Microsystem Technologies, 23 3505-3511, (2017) doi:10.1007/s00542-016-3160-4.
- Tallis H. da Costa, Jin-Woo Choi, “A flexible two dimensional force sensor using PDMS nanocomposite,” Microelectronic Engineering 174 (2017) 64–69.
- Hamed Shamkhalichenar and Jin-Woo Choi, “An Inkjet-Printed Non-Enzymatic Hydrogen Peroxide Sensor on Paper,” Journal of The Electrochemical Society, 164 (5) B3101-B3106 (2017).
- Jiwen Xiang, Ziliang Cai, Yong Zhang, Wanjun Wang, “Wedge actuated normally-open and normally-closed valves for centrifugal microfluidic applications,” Sensors and Actuators B 243 (2017) 542–548.
2017 Conference Presentations
IR / VUV
- Nadar Sakr, Matthew Patterson, Orhan Kizilkaya, Richard Kurtz , Electronic structural properties of phenol adsorption of Fe2O3nanoclusters and (0001) surface APS March Meeting, March 13-17 2017, New Orleans LA,
- Josef Hormes, Lisa Bovenkamp-Langlois, Martha Schaefer, Orhan Kizilkaya, Wantana Klysubun, Diana Greenlee What synchrotron radiation based experiments can tell about Poverty Point Objects (PPOs), Technart 2017, May 2017, Bilbao, Spain17. P
- Sprunger, Z Wang, M Patterson, R Kurtz, J Spivey, “INS studies of Cobalt-Copper Catalyst for the Conversion of Syngas to Higher Oxygenates,” APS March Meeting Abstracts (2017).
- M Patterson, R Kurtz, R Hall, E Poliakoff, P Sprunger, “Organic radical formation over transition metal oxides: Bonding trends studied with inelastic neutron scattering,” APS Meeting Abstracts (2017).
- Nadra Sakr, Matthew Patterson, Orhan Kizilkaya, Richard Kurtz, Phillp Sprunger, “Electronic structural properties of phenol adsorption of Fe2O3 nanoclusters and (0001) surface,” Chemical Physics Frontiers at Interfaces IV APS March Meeting March 17, 2017.
- Kyungmin Ham, “Analysis of Synchrotron X-ray interferometry Scattering Images of 3D polymer Printing” Gordon Research Conference, X-ray science, Easton, MA, July 30, 2017-August 4, 2017
- Omoefe Kio, Adam Brooks, Godfrey Mills, Kyungmin Ham, Les Butler, “X-Ray Interferometry/Tomography of 3D Printed Flame Retardants/ABS Structures,” The Tomography for Scientific Advancement symposium, Austin, TX
- Bin Zhang, Kyungmin Ham, Shuai Shao, Nima Shamsaei, Scott Thompson, “Effect of Heat Treatment and Hot Isostatic Pressing on the Morphology and Size of Pores in Additive Manufactured Ti-6Al-4V Parts” 2017 Annual International Solid Freeform Fabrication Symposium (SFF Symp 2017)
- Joyoni Dey, Jingzhu Xu, Kyungmin Ham, Narayan Bhusal, Varshni Singh, “A Novel Phase Contrast System,” 2017 IEEE Neuclear Science Symposium and Medical Imaging Conference, 24th Symposium on Room-Temperature X- and Gamma-Ray Detectors, Atlanta, GA, Oct 21-28, 2017
Omoefe Kio, Adam Brooks, Godfrey Mills, Kyungmin Ham, Les Butler NOBCChE, Minneapolis.
MN, Oct. 30-Nov2, 2017
O. Kio, J. Yuan, K. Ham, G. Knapp, L. Butler, “Grating-Based X-Ray Phase-Contrast Interferometry: A Tool for Non-Destructive Evaluation of Additively Manufacturing” Materials Research Society (MRS) Fall Meeting, Boston, MA, Nov 26 –Dec1, 2017.
Soft X-ray XANES
- Pragathi Darapaneni, Alexander Meyer, Raju Kumal, Mohammad Saghayezhian, Kenneth Lopata, Louis Haber, Ward Plummer, Orhan Kizilkaya, Yuanbing Mao, James Dorman Nanophosphors with Tunable Luminescence Designed via Adaptive Absorption of Transition Metal Ions, MRS Meeting November 29 2017,Boston MA
XANES / X-ray Diffraction
- Spivey, J. J., N. Kumar, S. Kanitkar, A. Roy, D. Haynes, D. Shekhawat and D. Berry, “Catalytic conversion of natural gas: opportunities for the future,” 18th BIT’s 8th Annual Global Congress of Catalysis 2017, Shanghai, China, Oct 20-22, 2017.
- Spivey, J. J., N. Kumar, S. Kanitkar, A. Roy, D. Haynes, D. Shekhawat and D. Berry, “Oxidative Reforming of Methane: Effect of Steam and Oxygen on CO2 Reforming,” XXVI International Materials Research Congress, Cancun, Mexico August 20-25, 2017.
- N. McMillan, J. Curry, B. Dutrow, D. Henry, “Lithologic determination of tourmaline based on Laser-Induced Breakdown Spectroscopy: An alternative approach to provenance studies,” Book of Abstracts of the Tourmaline 2017 International Symposium, pg 59-60, 2017, http://tourmaline2017.cz/.
- K. Marger, L.P. Baumgartner, B. Putlitz, B.L. Dutrow, A. Bouvier, T. Vennemann, D.J. Henry, A. Dini, “Tourmaline reference materials for oxygen isotope analysis by SIMS” Book of Abstracts of the Tourmaline 2017 International Symposium, pg 55-56, 2017, http://tourmaline2017.cz/.
- E. Levy, A. Roy, D. Henry, B.L. Dutrow, “Geochemical analysis of tourmaline: Coupling EPMA and XANES,” Book of Abstracts of the Tourmaline 2017 International Symposium, pg 51-52, 2017, http://tourmaline2017.cz/.
- B.L. Dutrow, D.J. Henry “Tourmaline compositions: Reflecting the fluid phase,” Book of Abstracts of the Tourmaline 2017 International Symposium, pg 28-29, 2017, http://tourmaline2017.cz/.
- D. J. Henry, B.L. Dutrow, “Twenty years of progress: Advances in tourmaline studies since the Tourmaline 1997 Conference,” Book of Abstracts of the Tourmaline 2017 International Symposium, pg 40-43, 2017, http://tourmaline2017.cz/.
- P Sprunger, Z Wang, M Patterson, R Kurtz, J Spivey, “INS studies of Cobalt-Copper Catalyst for the Conversion of Syngas to Higher Oxygenates,” APS March Meeting Abstracts (2017).
- P Sprunger, D Plaisance, B Zhang, A Roy, S Guo, “Microstructure of high entropy alloy: CoCuFeNi,” APS March Meeting Abstracts (2017).