Ourso Family Distinguished Professor of Business Analysis
Professor, Stephenson Department of Entrepreneurship & Information Systems
2213 Business Education Complex South
501 South Quad Drive
Baton Rouge, LA 70803
- PhD Production/Operations Management, L. Eotvos University
- Best Paper Award, EDSI , 2013
Selected Research Publications
- Kelle, P. and Modak, N. MManaging a dual-channel supply chain under price and delivery-time dependent stochastic demand. European Journal of Operational Research (EJOR).
- Kelle, P., Schneider, H., and Yi, H. (2014). Decision alternatives between expected cost minimization and worst case scenario in emergency supply. International Journal of Production Economics, 157, 250 to 260.
- Kelle, P., Inderfurth, K., and Kleber, R. (2013). Dual sourcing using capacity reservation and spot market: Optimal procurement policy and heuristic parameter determination. European Journal of Operational Research, 225, 298 309.
- Kelle, P., Schneider, H., Raschke, C. Werner, and Shirazi, H. (2012). Highway improvement project selection by the joint consideration of cost-benefit and risk criteria. Journal of the Operational Research Society, 64, 313-325.
- Kelle, P., Woosley, J., and Schneider, H. (2012). Pharmaceutical supply chain specifics and inventory solutions for a hospital case. Operations Research for Health Care, 1(1), 54-63.
- Inderfurth, K. and Kelle, P. (2011). Capacity Reservation under Spot Market Price Uncertainty. International Journal of Production Economics, 133, 272-279.
- Kelle, P. and Claypool, C. David (2016, September). Simulation-based Multimodal Freight Transportation Planning on State Level. Presented at 5th P&OM WORLD CONFERENCE sponsored by Production and Operations Management Society, Havana, Cuba.
- Kelle, P., Claypool, C. David, and Schneider, H. (2016, August). Evaluation of Sustainability Tradeoffs in Multimodal Freight Transportation Planning. Presented at ISIR Symposium sponsored by International Society of Inventory Research, Budapest, Hungary.
- Kelle, P., Claypool, C. David, and Schneider, H. (2016, February). Evaluating Tradeoffs in Intermodal Freight Transportation Development. Presented at International Working Seminar on Production Economics sponsored by ISIR, Innsbruck, Austria.
- Personnel: Kelle, Peter (duty: Principal)Title: A Simulation Model for Intermodal Freight Transportation in LouisianaAmount: $207,000.00 USDGranting Organization: Department of Transportation and LTRCYear: 2015
Professional and Service Activities
- Policy Committee, Committee Chair (September 1, 2015 - May 31, 2017)
- Policy Committee, Committee Chair (August 1, 2014 - July 31, 2015)
- Policy Committee, Committee Chair (August 1, 2013 - July 31, 2014)
- Policy Committee, Committee Chair (August 1, 2012 - July 31, 2013)
- International Journal of Production Economics, Editor, Journal Editor (, 2000)
Employed by LSU since
August 23, 1988