|Program:||Intended degree is "Information Systems and Decision Sciences - Analytics -MS"
Indicate "Summer" and the appropriate year for the semester of admission. Students are admitted for the summer semester ONLY.
|Deadlines:||Applications may be submitted starting in September.
International applications are due before December 15.
Domestic applicants are due before April 15.
All applicants are encouraged to apply early. Applications are made on rolling basis.
|Application Fee:||The non-refundable application fee is $50 for U.S. citizens and resident aliens and $70 for international applications.|
|Personal information:||Name, address, phone number, email, DOB, etc.|
|Academic history:||A bachelor's degree from an accredited U.S. college or university or its foreign equivalent
with a minimum GPA of 3.0 on all undergraduate and graduate work already completed.
You must provide transcripts for all of the colleges you have attended (regardless
of degree completion) and upload copies with your application. Only admitted applicants
will be required to send one sealed copy of official transcripts from EACH college
and university attended, issued by the institution directly to:
The Graduate School
Louisiana State University
114 West David Boyd
Baton Rouge, LA 70803
|Recommendations:||Contact information for three academic and/or professional references. You should not ask classmates or family members to provide a recommendation.|
|Statement of purpose:||1-2 page statement of how the MSA fits into your short and long-term career goals.|
|Resume:||Include a current resume or curriculum vitae.|
|Entrance exam:||Either the Graduate Record Examination (GRE) or Graduate Management Admission Test
(GMAT) is required for admission.
Official test scores can be submitted using institution code 6373.
|Language Proficiency:||Most international applicants will need to submit TOEFL or IELTS scores. For more information see the LSU Graduate School. Official test scores can be submitted using institution code 6373.|
- Once submitted, your online application is processed by the Graduate School and is immediately viewable by the Stephenson Department of Entrepreneurship & Information Systems.
- Transcripts and other official documents you attach or have sent to the LSU Graduate School are processed and made available to the department with your application.
- The department can make an admission recommendation on your application at any time, but such decisions are generally made after your application file is complete.
- Once the department recommends an applicant for admission to the Graduate School, a final evaluation of the application is conducted by the Graduate Student Services staff. Students must be recommended for admission by the LSU Graduate School and the department or program before being admitted.
Note: Applicants who meet the minimum requirements of the Graduate School are not guaranteed admission. The MSA program is competitive with limited capacity.
Your chances of gaining admission are better if you have any of the following:
- A graduate degree (especially one in a relevant area).
- An undergraduate degree in a field that is very relevant to the MSA degree and show successful completion of courses in statistics or mathematics. Some examples include: any engineering degree, computer science, management science, most other sciences, operations research, production/operations management, economics, statistics, mathematics or industrial/organizational psychology.
- A high GPA (3.5 or higher).
- GRE or GMAT test scores in the top 25 percent.
- Work experience in business intelligence, business analytics, data mining, data warehousing, database management, computer science, programming, web development, web analytics, risk management and related fields.