Assistant Professor, Department of Marketing
Assistant Professor, Professional Sales Institute
2117 Business Education Complex South
501 South Quad Drive
Baton Rouge, LA 70803
- PhD Business Administration / Marketing, University of Houston
- Excellence in Research Award, AMA Selling and Sales Management SIG, 2019
- Young Scholar Award, AMA Organizational Frontlines Research, 2019
- Marketing Strategy Consortium Fellow, University of Missouri, 2018
- Outstanding Reviewer, International Journal of Research in Marketing, 2018
- Finalist, Mary Kay Dissertation Award, 2017
- Winner, AMA Sales SIG/USCA Dissertation Proposal Competition, 2016
- Best Paper Award, the Winter AMA Marketing Educator's Conference - Sales and CRM Track, 2015
- Sheth Foundation Grant, 2015
- University of Houston Teaching Excellence Award, 2015
- Department of Marketing Commendation for Excellence in Teaching, University of Houston, 2014
- Presidential Graduate Fellowship, University of Houston, 2013
- Teaching Interests: Sales Management, Professional Selling, Marketing Management
- Research Interests: Sales Force Effectiveness, Empirical Modeling
Selected Research Publications
- Atefi, Y. and Pourmasoudi, M. (2019). Measuring Peer Effects in Sales Research: A Review of Challenges and Remedies. Journal of Personal Selling and Sales Management.
- Atefi, Y., Ahearne, M., Maxham III, J. G., Donavan, D. Todd, and Carlson, B. D. (2018). Does Selective Sales Force Training Work?. Journal of Marketing Research, 55(5), 722-737.
- Hayati, B., Atefi, Y., and Ahearne, M. (2018). Sales Force Leadership During Strategy Implementation: A Social Network Perspective. Journal of the Academy of Marketing Science (JAMS), 46(4), 612-631.
- Patrick, V., Atefi, Y., and Hagdvedt, H. (2017). The Allure of the Hidden: How Product Unveiling Confers Value. International Journal of Research in Marketing, 34(2), 430-441.
Employed by LSU since
August 15, 2016