Assistant Professor, Department of Public Administration
3043 Business Education Complex East
501 South Quad Drive
Baton Rouge, LA 70803
- PhD Psychology: Social/Personality, New York University
- BA , Florida International University
- Outstanding Untenured Professor Teaching Award, E. J. Ourso College of Business , 2018
- Teaching Interests: Organizational Behavior, Research Methods, Human Resource Management
- Research Interests: Organizational justice, Workplace diversity, Stereotyping and discrimination
Selected Research Publications
- Heilman, M. E, Manzi, F., and Caleo, S.Updating impressions: The differential effects of new information on evaluations of women and men. Organizational Behavior and Human Decision Processes.
- Caleo, S. and Heilman, M. EWhat could go wrong? Some unintended consequences of gender bias interventions. Archives of Scientific Psychology.
- Caleo, S. (2018). When distributive justice and gender stereotypes coincide: Reactions to equity and equality violations. Journal of Applied Social Psychology, Online First.
- Caleo, S. (2018). Research framing, victim blaming: Toward an empirical examination of victim precipitation and perpetrator predation paradigms . Industrial and Organizational Psychology: Perspectives on Science and Practice, 11(1), 134-137.
- Heilman, M. and Caleo, S. (2018). Combatting gender discrimination: A lack of fit framework. Group Processes and lntergroup Relations, 21, 725-744.
- Caleo, S. (2016). Are organizational justice rules gendered? Reactions to men's and women's justice violations. Journal of Applied Psychology, 101(10), 1422-1435.
- Whitman, D. S., Caleo, S., Carpenter, N., Horner, M., and Bernerth, J. (2012). Fairness at the collective level: A meta-analytic examination of the consequences and boundary conditions of organizational justice climate. Journal of Applied Psychology, 97(3), 776-791.
- Van Rooy, D. L, Whitman, D. S, Hart, D., and Caleo, S. (2011). Measuring employee engagement during an economic downturn: Business imperative or nuisance?. Journal of Business and Psychology, 26, 147-152.
- Heilman, M. E., Caleo, S., and Halim, M. Ling (2010). Just the thought of it!: Effects of anticipating computer-mediated communication on gender stereotyping. Journal of Experimental Social Psychology, 46, 672-675.
- Heilman, M. E and Caleo, S. (2017). Gender discrimination in the workplace In Adrienne Collela and Eden King (Ed.), Oxford Handbook of Workplace Discrimination
- Caleo, S. and Heilman, M. E. (2014). Is this a man's world? Obstacles to women's success in male-typed domains In Ronald Burke and Debra Major (Ed.), Gender in Organizations (pp. 217-233).
- Caleo, S. and Heilman, M. E. (2013). Gender stereotypes and their implications for women's career progress In Susan Vinnicombe, Ronald Burke, Stacy Blake-Beard, and Lynda Moore (Ed.), Handbook of Research on Promoting Women's Careers (pp. 143-161).
Employed by LSU since
August 13, 2012