Jeremy M. Beus
Robert H. and Patricia A. Hines Endowed Professorship
Assistant Professor, Rucks Department of Management
2713 Business Education Complex North
501 South Quad Drive
Baton Rouge, LA 70803
- PhD Industrial-Organizational Psychology, Texas A&M University, College Station, Texas, 2012
- BS Psychology, Brigham Young University - Idaho, Rexburg, Idaho, 2007
- MS Industrial-Organizational Psychology, Texas A&M University, College Station, Texas, 2009
Awards & Honors
- Research Excellence Award, E.J. Ourso College of Business, 2019
- Outstanding Untenured Professor Teaching Award, E.J. Ourso College of Business, 2017
- Research Excellence Award, E.J. Ourso College of Business, 2016
- Outstanding Reviewer Award, Organizational Behavior Division of the Academy of Management, 2015
- Outstanding Reviewer Award, Organizational Behavior Division of the Academy of Management, 2013
- Teaching Interests: Human Resource Management, Organizational Behavior
- Research Interests: Occupational safety, organizational climate, individual and team performance change, organizational socialization
Selected Research Publications
- Beus, J., Payne, S. C, Arthur, W., and Munoz, G. J (2019). The development and validation of a cross-industry safety climate measure: Resolving conceptual and operational issues. Journal of Management, 45, 1987-2013.
- Beus, J., Lucianetti, L., and Arthur, W.Clash of the climates: Examining the paradoxical effects of climates for promotion and prevention. Personnel Psychology.
- Beus, J. and Taylor, W. D (2018). Working safely at some times and unsafely at others: A typology and within-person process model of safety-related work behaviors. Journal of Occupational Health Psychology.
- Dhanani, L. Y, Beus, J., and Joseph, D. L (2018). Workplace discrimination: A meta-analytic extension, critique, and future research agenda. Personnel Psychology, 71, 147-179.
- McCord, M. A, Joseph, D. L, Dhanani, L. Y, and Beus, J. (2018). A meta-analysis of sex and race differences in perceived workplace mistreatment. Journal of Applied Psychology, 103, 137-163.
- Beus, J. and Whitman, D. S. (2017). Almighty dollar or root of all evil? Testing the effects of money on workplace behavior. Journal of Management, 43(7), 2147-2167.
- Beus, J., McCord, M., and Zohar, D. (2016). Workplace safety: A review and research synthesis. Organizational Psychology Review, 6, 352-381.
- Beus, J., Munoz, G. J, and Arthur, W. (2015). Personality as a multilevel predictor of climate: An examination in the domain of workplace safety. Group & Organization Management, 40, 625-656.
- Beus, J., McCord, M. A, and Dhanani, L. Y (2015). A meta-analysis of personality and workplace safety: Addressing unanswered questions. Journal of Applied Psychology, 100, 481-498.
- Beus, J., Jarrett, S. M, Taylor, A. B, and Wiese, C. W (2014). Adjusting to new work teams: Testing work experience as a multidimensional resource for newcomers. Journal of Organizational Behavior, 35, 489-506.
- Bergman, M. E, Payne, S. C, Taylor, A. B, and Beus, J. (2014). The shelf life of a safety climate assessment: How long until the relationship with safety-critical incidents expires?. Journal of Business and Psychology.
- Beus, J., Jarrett, S., Bergman, M., and Payne, S. (2012). Perceptual equivalence of psychological climates within groups: When agreement indices do not agree. Journal of Occupational and Organizational Psychology, 85, 454-471.
- Beus, J. and Whitman, D. S. (2012). The relationship between typical and maximum performance: A meta-analytic examination. Human Performance, 25, 355-376.
- Beus, J., Payne, S., Bergman, M., and Arthur, W. (2010). Safety climate and injuries: An examination of theoretical and empirical relationships. Journal of Applied Psychology, 95, 713-727.
- Taylor, E. C., Smith, J. H., and Beus, J. (2017). Rectitude in rivalry: A conceptual review and synthesis of sportsmanship and citizenship Research in Organizational Sciences: Sports and Understanding Organizations (pp. 179-204). Charlotte, NC: Information Age Publishing.
- Smith, J. H., Taylor, E. C., and Beus, J. (2017). Steeped in history: Symbols, traditions, and stories in sports and organizations Research in Organizational Sciences: Sports and Understanding Organizations (pp. 27-50). Charlotte, NC: Information Age Publishing.
Professional and Service Activities
- Occupational Health Science, Editorial Review Board Member (May, 2016)
- Human Performance, Editorial Review Board Member (June, 2017)
- Journal of Organizational Behavior, Editorial Review Board Member (July, 2017)
Employed by LSU since
August 19, 2013