- PhD Public Policy, Georgia State University and Georgia Institute of Technology, Atlanta, Georgia, 2016
- MA Central University of Finance & Economics , Beijing, China, 2010
- Teaching Interests: Public Budgeting and Finance, Public Financial Management, Research Methods, Statistics
- Research Interests: Public budgeting and finance, local non-tax revenue, public and nonprofit financial management, municipal bond market, political institutions and policy outcomes
Selected Research Publications
- Su, M. (2021). Discretion in Traffic Stops: The Influence of Budget Cuts on Traffic Citations. Public Administration Review, 81(3), 446-458.
- Su, M. (2020). Taxation by Citation? Exploring Local Governments' Revenue Motive for Traffic Fines. Public Administration Review, 80(1), 36-45.
- Su, M. (2019). Understanding the Accumulation of Local Government Savings: A Dynamic Analysis. International Journal of Public Administration, 42(11), 893-903.
- Su, M. (2019). Local Governments' Responses to Revenue Changes: The Effects of Unreserved General Fund Balances. International Journal of Public Administration, 43(11), 964-976.
- Thomas, J. C., Su, M., and Poister, T. (2018). How Do Legislators Assess Administrative Performance? Georgia's Department of Transportation in the Eyes of the State's Legislators. American Review of Public Administration, 48(8), 822-835.
- Su, M. and Hildreth, W. Bartley (2018). Does Financial Slack Reduce Municipal Short-term Borrowing?. Public Budgeting & Finance, 38(1), 95-113.
- Su, M. (2013). Who Lends a Hand to Government? The Impact of Social Capital on Governmental Volunteering. International Journal of Volunteer Administration, XXX(1), 1-16.
- Su, M. (2019). Accumulation of Local Government Savings In Ali Farazmand (Ed.), Global Encyclopedia of Public Administration, Public Policy, and Governance
- Thomas, J. C., Poister, T. H., and Su, M. (2015). In the Eye of the Beholder: Learning from Stakeholder Assessments of Public Value In John M. Bryson, Barbara Crosby, and Laura Bloomberg (Ed.), Public Value and Public Administration (pp.170-186). Washington, D.C.: Georgetown University Press.
Employed by LSU since
August 15, 2016