Dept. of Finance sponsors Financial Management Association Annual Meeting
December 2, 2019
NEW ORLEANS – The LSU Department of Finance was a major sponsor of the 2019 Annual Meeting of the Financial Management Association held in New Orleans on October 23-26, 2019. The conference program consisted of presentations of research papers, panel discussions, and tutorials, the Doctoral Student Consortium and special interest round-tables.
LSU faculty and current and former doctoral students presented ten papers at the conference:
- Information Embedded in Option Prices: Evidence from Credit Rating Agency Announcements. · Authored by LSU Doctoral Student Mehdi Khorram; LSU Assistant Professor Haitao Mo; and LSU Professor Gary C Sanger.
- Firm Dynamics and Local Economic Shocks: Evidence from the Shale Oil and Gas Boom. Authored by Ryan A. Decker, Federal Reserve Board; LSU Doctoral Student Graduate Meagan McCollum, University of Tulsa; and Gregory Upton, LSU. Presented by McCollum.
- Asymptotic Distributions for Tests of Portfolio Efficiency and Factor Model Comparisons with Conditioning Information. Authored by LSU Assistant Professor Junbo Wang; Wayne Ferson, USC, and Andrew Spiegel, University of Washington. Spiegel presented the paper.
- Hinder or Help? ETF Corporate Bond Ownership and Market Quality. Authored by LSU Doctoral Student Graduate Meredith Rhodes, University of North Texas and LSU Professor Joseph Mason. Rhodes presented the paper.
- Compensation and Employment Contracts of Founder and Heir CEOs: Acquired Power Versus Inherited Power. Authored by Associate Professor Wei-Ling Song, LSU & Wharton Financial Institutions Center and Kam-Ming Wan, Hong Kong Polytechnic University. Song presented the paper.
- The Cross-Section of Individual Equity Option Returns. Authored by LSU Doctoral Student Graduate Mobina Shafaati, Old Dominion University; LSU Professor Don M Chance, LSU; and Robert Brooks, University of Alabama. Shafaati presented.
- Redact to Protect? Customers' Incentive to Protect Information and Suppliers' Disclosure Strategies. · Authors include Gary Chen, University of Illinois Chicago; Xiaoli (Shaolee) Tian; Georgetown University; and LSU Assistant Professor Miaomiao Yu. Yu presented.
- Collateral Value and Strategic Default: Evidence from Auto Loans. Authored and presented by LSU Assistant Professor Dimuthu Ratnadiwakara.
- Very Noisy Option Prices and Inferences Regarding Option Returns. Authored LSU Assistant Professor Junbo Wang; Christopher Jones, University of Southern California; and Jefferson Duarte, Rice University. Wang presented.
- Mortgage Portfolio Diversification in the Presence of Cross-Sectional and Spatial Dependence. LSU Doctoral Student Timothy Dombrowski; LSU Professor R. Kelley Pace; and LSU Professor Rajesh P. Narayanan. Dombrowski presented.
Established in 1970, the FMA is a global leader in developing and disseminating knowledge about financial decision making. FMA’s conferences bring together academicians and practitioners with interests in financial decision-making. Each is designed to provide a forum for presenting new research and discussing current issues in financial management and related topics.
About the Department of Finance
The Department of Finance prepares students for careers in investments through coursework related to the program and helps them develop knowledge in studies related to real estate, risk management, insurance and business law. The finance faculty has compiled a strong record of excellence in research and teaching, creating exciting educational opportunities for students. Additionally, major media outlets seek out faculty members often because of their expertise in the financial world. For more information, visit our home page or call 225-578-6291.
E. J. Ourso College of Business