LSU Executive Education to Host Series 7 Prep Course with Exam Review
July 25, 2017
BATON ROUGE – The FINRA Series 7, General Securities Representative Exam is required of individuals soliciting the purchase or sale of corporate, municipal and U.S. government securities, options, direct participation programs, investment company products and variable contracts. LSU Executive Education will offer the course over four weekends in August at LSU’s Business Education Complex.
Topics covered during the course include:
- Seeking business for the broker-dealer through customers and potential customers
- Evaluating customers’ other security holdings, financial situation and needs, financial status, tax status, and investment objectives
- Opening accounts, transfer of assets, and maintaining appropriate account records
- Providing customers with information on investments and making suitable recommendations
- Obtaining and maintaining customer’s purchase and sales instructions, enters orders, and customer follow up.
The 2017 course will be offered Aug. 4-5; Aug. 11-12; Aug. 18-19; and Aug. 25-26 in classroom 1420 of LSU’s Business Education Complex. The course takes place 12:30 - 4:30 p.m. on Fridays and 8:30 a.m. - 12:30 p.m. on Saturdays with Robert Woosley, MBA, JD, instructing.
Registration is $575, which includes additional two-hour exam review session (date TBD based on class preference). Attendees can register at https://www.regonline.com/builder/site/?eventid=1991952.
For more than 50 years, LSU Executive Education has prepared individuals and organizations to meet the challenges of a changing workplace and economy. Visit our home page to register or to obtain more information about this course and other LSU Executive Education programs.
Like us on Facebook (@LSUExecEd) and connect with us on LinkedIn (LSU Executive Education).
Angela McBride LSU E. J. Ourso College of Business 225-578-7833