The Professional MBA (PMBA) format generally attracts professionals early in their career who are seeking career advancement opportunity, and who require advanced business knowledge and skills to make themselves more competitive in their marketplace. The PMBA format consists of applicants from diverse industries and roles all around the greater Baton Rouge area.
This format provides students with:
- Professional advancement with no career interruption.
- The opportunity to have the GMAT waived for exceptional applicants. See admission criteria for more information.
- Opportunities to participate in international study trips each year
- Tuition and fees which include books and parking
Two versions of the Professional MBA Format are offered, both taught by the same faculty.
- Track 1 meets two evenings per week (6:00 p.m. - 9:15 p.m.). Each 11-week quarter, two courses are completed. Students are admitted in August of each year and graduate 22 months later.
- Track 2 meets one evening per week (6:00 p.m. - 9:15 p.m.). Each 11-week quarter, one course is completed. Students are admitted in August of each year and graduate 44 months later.
The 42-credit hour curriculum includes core and elective classes. Elective classes are scheduled for PMBA students. Examples of these classes include business plan, negotiations, and advanced topics in management and leadership. PMBA students are also afforded the opportunity to take international study trips for elective credits.