Associate Professor, Department of Marketing
2115 Business Education Complex South
501 South Quad Drive
Baton Rouge, LA 70803
- PhD Business Administration/Marketing, University of Florida, Gainesville, FL, 2010
- Teaching Interests: Consumer Behavior, Strategy, Research Methods
- Research Interests: Attention, Perception, Branding, Corporate Social Responsibility, New Media
Selected Research Publications
- Fennell, P., Coleman, J., and Kuo, A. (2020). The Moderating Role of Donation Quantifiers on Price Fairness Judgments. Journal of Business Research, 120(March), 464-473.
- Kuo, A., Hiler, J., and Lutz, R. J (2017). From Super Mario to Skyrim: A Framework for the Evolution of Video Game Consumption. Journal of Consumer Behaviour, 16(2), 101-120.
- Kuo, A., Lutz, R. J, and Hiler, J. L (2016). Brave New World of Warcraft: A Conceptual Framework for Active Escapism. Journal of Consumer Marketing, 33(7).
- Kuo, A., Rice, D. H., and Fennell, P. (2016). How Fitting! The Influence of Fence-Context Fit on Price Discrimination Fairness. Journal of Business Research, 69(8).
- Kuo, A. and Rice, D. H. (2015). Catch and Shoot: The Influence of Advergame Mechanics on Preference Formation. Psychology and Marketing, 32(2), 162-172.
- Kuo, A. and Rice, D. H. (2015). The Impact of Perceptual Congruence on the Effectiveness of Cause-Related Marketing Campaigns. Journal of Consumer Psychology, 25(1), 78-88.
- Janiszewski, C., Kuo, A., and Tavassoli, N. T (2013). The Influence of Selective Attention and Inattention to Products on Subsequent Choice. Journal of Consumer Research, 39(6).
- Rice, D. H., Kuo, A., and Rast, R. (2016, ). Peripheral Endorsement: How Perceptual Congruence with Celebrities Can Benefit Brands. Presented at Association for Consumer Research Conference sponsored by , Berlin, Germany.
- Kuo, A. and Rice, D. H. (2014, August). The Influence of Interactive Branded Content in Advergames on Preference Formation. Presented at Summer Marketing Educators' Conference sponsored by American Marketing Association, San Francisco, CA.
- Kuo, A. (2013, October). Coping with Stress in the Age of Warcraft: A Conceptual Framework for Consumer Escapism. Presented at Association for Consumer Research 2013 sponsored by , Chicago, IL.
- Kuo, A. and Rice, D. H. (2013, August). The Influence of Perceptual Congruence On Consumer Response to Cause-related Marketing Appeals. Presented at SCP 2013 Summer Conference sponsored by American Psychological Association, Honolulu, HI.
- Rice, D. H., Kuo, A., and Rast, R. (2016, December). Peripheral Endorsement: How Perceptual Congruence with Celebrities Can Benefit Brands. In Page Moreau and Stefano Puntoni (Ed.), (pp.231-235). Duluth, MN, USA: Association for Consumer Research.
- Kuo, A. and Hiler, J. (2016, June). Living the Stream: A Study of Voyeuristic Consumption in Video Game Live Streaming. Association of Consumer Research 2016.
- Kuo, A. and Rice, D. H. (2013, August). The Influence of Perceptual Congruence On Consumer Response to Cause-related Marketing Appeals. Society for Consumer Psychology (APA division 23).
- Kuo, A. (2013, July (3rd Quarter/Summer)). Coping with Stress in the Age of Warcraft: A Conceptual Framework for Consumer Escapism. Association for Consumer Research 2013.
- Personnel: Rice, Dan Kuo, Andrew (role: Co-Principal) Schwarz, Andrew (role: Co-Principal)Title: Louisiana State University College of Business Research Lab Mobility and Measurement EnhancementSponsoring Organization: Louisiana Board of RegentsYear: 2015
Professional and Service Activities
- Globalization Committee, Committee Member (August 1, 2013)
Employed by LSU since
August 13, 2012