What is Marketing?
Marketing is an organizational function and a set of processes that performs customer needs analysis, executes product/services design, devises branding strategy, establishes pricing, accomplishes promotion, and creates the distribution systems, all while maintaining a competitive advantage.
Opportunities in Marketing
Areas: Sales/Management, Retailing, Advertising, Buying, Planning/Research, Brand/Product Management
Employers: Retail Establishments, Service Industries, Financial Institutions, Energy Companies, Insurance Agencies, Pharmaceutical Companies, Consumer Product Companies, Manufacturers
BS in Marketing
The bachelor of marketing is a 120-hour program with several learning objectives for students:
- Demonstrate an understanding of market segmentation and targeting
- Demonstrate an understanding of consumer behavior
- Demonstrate an understanding of marketing research and ethical considerations in marketing
- Demonstrate an understanding of relationship management
- Demonstrate an understanding of strategic planning
- Demonstrate an understanding of global marketing
The department offers the Internship in Marketing Program by which students are able to earn up to six hours of course credit for practical work experience.