Catherine M. Rucks Professor of Management
Professor and Director of Graduate Studies-PhD Program, Rucks Department of Management
2715 Business Education Complex North
501 South Quad Drive
Baton Rouge, LA 70803
- PhD Management, University of Florida, Gainesville, Florida, 2005
- MA International Business, Johannes Kepler University Linz, Linz, Austria, 1999
- MA Business Administration, Johannes Kepler University Linz, Linz, Austria, 1999
- Teaching Interests: Strategic Management, Research Methods
- Research Interests: Strategic Management, Research Methods
Selected Research Publications
- Cilesiz, S. and Greckhamer, T. (2020). Qualitative Comparative Analysis in education research: Its current status and future potential. Review of Research in Education, 44, 332-369.
- Greckhamer, T. and Cilesiz, S.. The extension of strategic management discourse into public education administration: A critical analyis. Organization, Forthcoming.
- Furnari, S., Crilly, D., Misangyi, V., Greckhamer, T., Fiss, P., and Aguilera, R.. Capturing causal complexity: A configurational theorizing process. Academy of Management Review, Forthcoming.
- Gupta, K., Crilly, D., and Greckhamer, T.. Stakeholder Engagement Strategies, National Institutions, and Firm Performance: A Configurational Perspective. Strategic Management Journal, Forthcoming.
- Greckhamer, T. and Gur, F. (2019). Disentangling combinations and contingencies of generic strategies: A set-theoretic configurational approach. Long Range Planning, Online First.
- Gur, F. Amil and Greckhamer, T. (2019). 'Know thy enemy': A review and agenda for research on competitor identification. Journal of Management, 45(5), 2072-2100.
- Greckhamer, T., Furnari, S., Fiss, P., and Aguilera, R. (2018). Studying configurations with qualitative comparative analysis: Best practices in strategy and organization research. Strategic Organization, 16(4), 482-495.
- Misangyi, V., Greckhamer, T., Furnari, S., Fiss, P., Crilly, D., and Aguilera, R. (2017). Embracing Causal Complexity: The Emergence of a Neo-Configurational Perspective. Journal of Management, 43(1), 255-282.
- Greckhamer, T. (2016). CEO compensation in relation to worker compensation across countries: The configurational impact of country-level institutions. Strategic Management Journal, 37, 793-815.
- Greckhamer, T. and Cilesiz, S. (2014). Rigor, transparency, evidence, and representation in discourse analysis: Challenges and recommendations. International Journal of Qualitative Methods, 13, 422-443.
- Greckhamer, T., Misangyi, V., and Fiss, P. (2013). The two QCAs: From a Small-N to a Large-N Set-Theoretic Approach. Research in Sociology of Organizations, 58, 51-77.
- Greckhamer, T. (2012). Local meanings of global discourses: A structural approach to the comparative study of institutional meaning systems. Field Methods, 24(1), 28-55.
- Greckhamer, T. (2011). Cross-cultural differences in compensation level and inequality across occupations. Organization Studies, 32(1), 85-115.
- Greckhamer, T. (2010). The stretch of strategic management discourse: A critical analysis. Organization Studies, 31(7), 241-271.
- Greckhamer, T., Koro-Ljungberg, M., Cilesiz, S., and Hayes, S. (2008). Demystifying interdisciplinary qualitative research. Qualitative Inquiry, 14(2), 307-331.
- Greckhamer, T., Misangyi, V., Elms, H., and Lacey, R. (2008). Using Qualitative Comparative Analysis in Strategic Management Research: An examination of combinations of industry, corporate, and business-unit effects. Organizational Research Methods, 11(4), 695-726.
- Misangyi, V. F, Elms, H., Greckhamer, T., and LePine, J. A (2006). A new perspective on a fundamental debate: A multi-level approach to industry, corporate, and business-unit effects. Strategic Management Journal, 27(6), 571-590.
- Greckhamer, T. and Koro-Ljungberg, M. (2005). The erosion of a method: Examples from grounded theory. International Journal of Qualitative Studies in Education, 18(6), 729-750.
- Koro-Ljungberg, M. and Greckhamer, T. (2005). Strategic turns labeled 'ethnography': From description to openly ideological production of cultures. Qualitative Research, 5(3), 285-306.
- Tosi, H. L. and Greckhamer, T. (2004). Culture and CEO compensation. Organization Science, 15(6), 657-670.
- Greckhamer, T. (2019). Qualitative Comparative Analysis in Organizational Research In Paul Atkinson, Sara Delamont, Richard Williams and Alex Cernat (Ed.), Sage Research Methods Foundations
- Greckhamer, T. (2017). Critical approaches to qualitative research In Mir, R. & Jain, S. (Ed.), The Routledge Companion to Qualitative Research in Organization Studies (pp. 40-55). New York: Routledge.
- Greckhamer, T. (2015). Qualitative Comparative Analysis: Fuzzy set applications for strategic management In Giovanni B Dagnino, Maria Cristina Cinici (Ed.), Research Methods for Strategic Management: A Research Methods Handbook (pp. 229-252).
- Greckhamer, T. and Cilesiz, S. (2012). Critical and poststructural approaches to strategy research: Theoretical and methodological suggestions In Ketchen, Dave, Donald Bergh, and Katherine Wang (Ed.), Research Methodology in strategy and management (pp. 3-38).
- Greckhamer, T. and Mossholder, K. W. (2011). Qualitative Comparative Analysis and Strategic Management Research: Current State and Future Prospects In Dave Ketchen & Donald Bergh (Ed.), Research Methodology in Strategy and Management (pp. 259-288).
Professional and Service Activities
- Organizational Research Methods, Editorial Review Board Member (February, 2013 - February, 2016)
- Policy Committee, Committee Member (August 1, 2012 - July 31, 2015)
- LSU Graduate Council, Committee Member (September, 2019)
- Organizational Research Methods, Editor, Associate Editor (February, 2016)
- Group & Organization Management, Editorial Review Board Member (July, 2014)
Employed by LSU since
August 15, 2005