Michael A. Johnson
Assistant Professor, Rucks Department of Management
2712 Business Education Complex North
501 South Quad Drive
Baton Rouge, LA 70803
Office Hours: Mon: 1:00pm-2:00pm
- PhD Management, University of Central Florida, Orlando, FL, 2017
- BBA Music Business, Belmont University, Nashville, TN, 2007
- MBA Management, Rider University, Lawrenceville, NJ, 2012
Awards & Honors
- Olinde Professorship in Management, E.J. Ourso College of Business
- Outstanding Untenured Professor Teaching Award, E.J. Ourso College of Business
- Teaching Interests: Human Resource Management, Business Ethics, Organizational Behavior
- Research Interests: Obesity, Gender & Diversity, Justice & Ethics
Selected Research Publications
- Johnson, M. and Leo, C. (2020). The Inefficacy of LinkedIn? A Latent Change Model and Experimental Test of Using LinkedIn for Job Search.. Journal of Applied Psychology, 105(11), 1262-1280.
- Johnson, M., Priesemuth, M., and Bigelow, B.. Making sense of 'good' and 'bad': A deonance and fairness approach to abusive supervision and prosocial impact. Business Ethics Quarterly.
- Johnson, M. and Schminke, M. (2020). Thinking big: An integrative conceptual review of the workplace consequences of obesity and a theoretical extension of the processes that create them. Journal of Applied Psychology, 105(7), 671-692.
- Johnson, M., Stevenson, R., and Letwin, C. (2018). A woman's place is in the startup: Exploring stereotype content and investor bias in crowdfunding.. Journal of Business Venturing, 33(6), 813-831.
- Folger, R., Johnson, M., and Letwin, C. (2014). Evolving concepts of evolution: The case of shame and guilt. Social and Personality Psychology Compass, 8, 659-671.
- Boyd, T. L., Johnson, M., and Loignon, A. (2020, August). The power to push through: Investigating the connection between disability association and psychological resilience on leader effectiveness. Presented at Academy of Management Conference sponsored by Academy of Management, Vancouver, CA.
- Johnson, M., Schminke, M., and Rice, D. (2015). Justice and organizational structure: A review In R. Cropanzano and M. Ambrose (Ed.), The Oxford Handbook of Organizational Justice. New York: Oxford University Pres.
Professional and Service Activities
- Human Performance, Editorial Review Board Member (July, 2019 - December, 2020)
- Human Relations, Editorial Review Board Member (August, 2020 - December, 2020)
Employed by LSU since
August 15, 2017