Asset Management Academy
- Think tank run by students
- Open to undergraduate and graduate students in a variety of disciplines
- Preparing students for the research analyst/portfolio manager as well as advisor roles
- Multidisciplinary focus
- Research depository
- Practitioner focused white papers
- Surveys of critical topics
- Synthesis of methodologies
- Preparation for the CFA Research Challenge Competition
- Preparation for the Southeastern Hedge Fund Competition at Georgia State
- Participation in various stock market/ETF competitions
- Inside ETFs Conference, GAME Conference
- LSU Discover Day
- SIE Exam, CFA, CAIA, FDP
Finn Bicknell: Portfolio Rebalancing - A cosmological perspective
Michael Hubbell: Portfolio Construction using ESG Factors
Sarah Davidson: Performance Measurement using L- Moments
Catherine Kilryo: Behavioral Diversification vs Optimized Portfolios
Nicholas Ebert: Technical Analysis and Leveraged ETFs
Avery Legendre: Survey of ESG Investing
To obtain conditional admission, students should (have) at the minimum:
- Minimum cumulative GPA of 3.5
- Be in the 80th percentile or above in SAT/ACT Math
- Possess (or have aptitude for) technical knowledge and critical thinking skills
- Demonstrate the drive and the ability to pay attention to details
- Be willing to conduct rigorous research
- Have the ability to ask relevant questions and learn continuously
To be fully admitted, students should at the minimum:
- Obtain the Bloomberg Market COncepts certificate
- Pass the SIE (Securities Industry Essentials) Exam
within two months after receiving the conditional admission.
First round interviews will be conducted by a committee and cover both behavioral and technical questions.
Final interviews of those who received conditional admission will be conducted after the successful completion of the exams mentioned above before the end of the semester
To apply send a current resume and a statement of purpose to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Statement of purpose should answer the following partial list of questions as well as anything you feel like sharing about your passion in the competitive yet exciting field:
- Why are you interested in asset management?
- What are your career goals?
- What would you like to research?
Be as specific and as authentic as possible!
|LSU Discover can provide students looking to start undergraduate research or are currently involved in undergraduate research with a mentor and funding.||With a Math and Finance degree students will have a head start in their career track of asset management.||"The LSU Honors College engages a diverse population of high achieving students in a dynamic interaction of outstanding instruction, innovative research and public service." -LSU Honors|