Dr. Kurtay Ogunc is the Undergraduate Advisor and Instructor in the department of finance at the Ourso College of Business at Louisiana State University. Dr. Kurtay was a Senior Researcher and Consultant at Watson Wyatt & Company (now Willis Towers Watson) in Washington, DC for five years. Between 1994 and 2000, he worked for the LSU Foundation and Office of the Vice Chancellor for Finance as the Investment Manager. He was the recipient of the 2010 Chancellor's Teaching Excellence award by the Texas A&M University System as well as the first prize in the PIMCO International Investing essay contest and a research grant from the BSI Gamma Foundation in Lugano, Switzerland. His research has been published in Journal of Financial Transformation, Journal of Investment Consulting, Review of Quantitative Finance and Accounting, International Review of Financial Analysis, Journal of Behavioral Finance, Investments and Pensions Europe, Global Pensions, and The Handbook of Corporate Governance and Social Responsibility. He holds PhD in Decision Sciences and Master of Applied Statistics degrees from Louisiana State University as well as an MBA in Finance from Western Michigan University.
- PhD Decision Sciences, Louisiana State University, Baton Rouge, 2002
- MBA Finance, Western Michigan University, Kalamazoo, 1992
- MS Applied Statistics, Louisiana State University, Baton Rouge, 1997
Awards & Honors
- Research Honorarium, Investment Management Consultants Association
- Teaching Excellence Award, Texas A&M University System
- First Prize in Investing Globally Essay Contest, PIMCO
- Teaching Interests: Business Finance, Financial Management, Investments, Portfolio Management, Derivatives, International Finance
- Research Interests: Asset Allocation, Risk Management, Overlay Strategies, Alternative Investments, Behavioral Finance
Selected Research Publications
- Ogunc, K.The Role of Disappointment Aversion in Delegated Asset Management: The Case of Active Currency Hedging. Journal of Investment Consulting.
- Ogunc, K., Ogunc, A., and , . (2016). Inflation Linked Bonds for Strategic Asset Allocation. Journal of Investment Consulting, 17(2), 59-68.
Professional and Service Activities
- C&C, Committee Member (January 1, 2018 - December 31, 2018)
- Curriculum, Committee Member (August 22, 2017)
- Newspaper; USA Today; My research on Inflation Linked Bonds was discussed by Robert Powell on a piece entitled "Inflation-linked bonds give retirees diversification and hedge against inflation"; 2017
Employed by LSU since