Lewis Buckner Kilbourne
Instructor, Department of Finance
2936 Business Education Complex North
501 South Quad Drive
Baton Rouge, LA 70803
Office Hours: 10-12 Online by appointment, preferrably after class.
30+ years as a the chief financial executive with 5 publicly held companies, 5 years university teaching experience, and co-founder of a supply chain management software company.
- PhD Economics, University of Pennsylvania, Philadelphia, 1977
- BA Political Science and Economics, Louisiana State University, Baton Rouge and New Orleans, 1972
- MA International Finance and Organizational Economics, University of Pennsylvania, Philadephia, 1977
Awards & Honors
- Outstanding Instructor in the College of Business Administration, College faculty, 2020
- Judge, Entrepreneur of the Year, 1996
- Teaching Interests: Corporate Finance, Debt Restructuring, Strategy,Financial Analysis, Crypto-currency
- Research Interests: Financial Default behavior, Bankruptcy, Allocation of corporate capital and financial engineering, Distressed Investing. Blockchain Technology
- Kilbourne, L. B (2019, July). Blockchain Technology and Peer to Peer Fraud issues.. Presented at LSU Accounting Department CPE on Fraud sponsored by Louisiana State University, Crown Plaza, Baton Rouge.
Professional and Service Activities
- Scholarship, Committee Member (January, 2015 - May, 2018)
- Curriculum, Committee Member (June, 2014 - May, 2017)
Employed by LSU since
August 13, 2012