- PhD Economics, City University of New York, New York, NY, USA, 1989
- BA Economics, Bogazici University, Istanbul, Turkey, 1984
- Teaching Interests: Labor Economics, Health Economics
- Research Interests: Economics of Crime, Health Economics, Labor Economics
Selected Research Publications
- Depew, B., Eren, O., and Mocan, H. Naci (2017). Judges, Juveniles, and In-Group Bias. Journal of Law and Economics, 60(2), 209-239.
- Mocan, H. Naci, Raschke, C., and , . (2016). Economic Well-being and Anti-Semitic, Xenophobic, and Racist Attitudes in Germany. European Journal of Law and Economics, 41(1), 1-63.
- Mocan, H. Naci and Altindag, D. (2013). Salaries and Work Effort: An Analysis of European Union Parliamentarians. Economic Journal, 123, 1130-67.
- Mocan, H. Naci (2013). Vengeance. Review of Economics and Statistics, 95(3), 969-82.
- Mocan, H. Naci and Bali, T. (2010). Asymmetric Crime Cycles. Review of Economics and Statistics, 92(4), 899-911.
- Mocan, H. Naci and Tekin, E. (2010). Ugly Criminals. Review of Economics and Statistics, 92(1), 15-30.
- Mocan, H. Naci (2008). What Determines Corruption? International Evidence from Micro Data. Economic Inquiry, 46(4), 493-510.
- Mocan, H. Naci and Tekin, E. (2006). Guns and Juvenile Crime. Journal Of Law And Economics, , 507-31.
- Mocan, H. Naci, Billups, S., and Overland, J. (2005). A Dynamic Model of Differential Human Capital and Criminal Activity. Economica, 72, 655-81.
- Mocan, H. Naci and Corman, H. (2005). Carrots, Sticks and Broken Windows. Journal Of Law And Economics, 48(1), 235-66.
- Argys, L. and Mocan, H. Naci (2004). Who Shall Live and Who Shall Die? An Analysis of Prisoners on Death Row in the United States. Journal Of Legal Studies, 33(2), 255-82.
- Mocan, H. Naci and Gittings, K. (2003). Getting Off Death Row: Commuted Sentences and the Deterrent Effect of Capital Punishment. Journal Of Law And Economics, 46(2), 453-78.
- Mocan, H. Naci and Tekin, E. (2003). Nonprofit Sector and Part-Time Work: An Analysis of Employer-Employee Matched Data of Child Care Workers. Review Of Economics And Statistics, 85(1), 38-50.
- Blau, D. M and Mocan, H. Naci (2002). The Supply of Quality in Child Care Centers. Review Of Economics And Statistics, 84(3), 483-96.
- Corman, H. and Mocan, H. Naci (2000). A Time-Series Analysis of Crime, Deterrence and Drug Abuse in New York City. American Economic Review, 90(3), 584-604.
Professional and Service Activities
- E.J Ourso College Policy Committee, Committee Member (August 1, 2012)
- Radio; Hidden Brain (NPR); "How Labels Can Affect People's Personalities and Potential"; 2017
- Magazine; The Economist; "Why Chinese children born in years of the dragon are more successful; 2017
Employed by LSU since
August 20, 2007