Assistant Professor, Rucks Department of Management
2713 Business Education Complex North
501 South Quad Drive
Baton Rouge, LA 70803
- PhD Human Resource and Industrial Relations, University of Illinois at Urbana-Champaign, Champaign, IL, 2016
- Teaching Interests: Strategic Management, Strategic Leadership
- Research Interests: Corporate Governance, Executive Succession, Gender and Top Management, Shareholder Value Principle
Selected Research Publications
- You, J. (2021). Beyond "twokenism": Organizational Factors Enabling Female Directors to Affect the Appointment of a Female CEO. Strategic Organization, 19(3), 353-383.
- Shin, T. and You, J. (2020). Changing Words: How Temporal Consistency in a CEO's Use of Language toward Shareholders and Stakeholders Affects CEO Dismissal. Corporate Governance: An International Review, 28(1), 47-68.
- Benton, R. A and You, J. (2018). Governance Monitors or Rebels? Testing an Integrate Theory of Shareholder Activism. Strategic Organization.
- Benton, R. and You, J. (2017). Endogenous Dynamics in Contentious Fields: Evidence from the Shareholder Activism Network, 2006-2013. Socius, 3( 2378023117705231).
- Shin, T. and You, J. (2017). Pay for talk: How the use of shareholder-value language affects CEO compensation. Journal of Management Studies, 54(1), 88-117.
- You, J., Terjesen, S., and Bilimoria, D. (2018). Women in the Upper Echelons and on Boards of Directors of Corporations.
- Aguilera, R. R.V., Castro, L., Lee, J., and You, J. (2012). Corporate Governance in Emerging Markets In G. Morgan and R. Whitley (Ed.), Capitalisms and Capitalism in the 21st Century (pp. 319-344).
- Internet; San Diego Union-Tribune; 2016
- Internet; Investopedia; 2016
- Internet; Wall Street Journal; 2016
Employed by LSU since
August 15, 2016