Stephen R. Barnes
Director, Economics & Policy Research Group
Associate Professor - Research, Department of Economics
3059 Business Education Complex East
501 South Quad Drive
Baton Rouge, LA 70803
- PhD Economics, University of Texas at Austin, 2008
- Teaching Interests: Labor Economics, Health Economics, Econometrics
- Research Interests: Labor Economics, Health Economics, Regional Economics, Public Finance, Applied Econometrics
Selected Research Publications
- Eren, O., Depew, B., and Barnes, S. R.Test-Based Promotion Policies, Dropping Out, and Juvenile Crime. Journal of Public Economics.
- Barnes, S. R., Bond, C., Burger, N., Anania, K., Strong, A., Weilant, S., and Virgets, S. Miller (2017). Economic Evaluation of Coastal Land Loss in Louisiana. Journal of Ocean and Coastal Economics, 4(1).
- Barro, J. and Barnes, S. R. (2016). Federal subsidization and state Medicaid provision. Review of Economic Dynamics, 21, 29-45.
- Internet; NBR Produced by CNBC; href="http://nbr.com/2019/01/24/nightly-business-report-january-24-2019/">Nightly Business Report Video (Stephen Barnes part in video at 19:30 mark); 2019
- Internet; CNBC; Tariffs force tough choices in Louisiana as farmers leave soybeans in fields to rot ; 2019
- Internet; Great Baton Rouge Business Report; href="https://www.businessreport.com/business/millennial-baton-rouge-impact">The millennial factor is a big part of Baton Rouge equation; 2018
Employed by LSU since
December 11, 2000