LSU was endorsed by the Institute of Internal Auditors as the Pilot School in 1985 to develop an innovative educational program in internal auditing. Today the LSUCIA is a center in the IIA Internal Audit Education Partnership Program. The program recruits students from many different business and non-business majors.
The LSUCIA program, considered to be the premier internal auditing program in the world, is a unique, dynamic educational program.
- The program's objectives include an emphasis on professional skills, enhanced career development, and both internship and full-time job placement for students.
- The program is available to any LSU student in any major and has grown with an increased emphasis on international diversity and non-business students.
- It provides graduate and undergraduate students with an understanding about the internal auditing profession.
- The LSUCIA program consists of three to five courses with an emphasis in internal
- The specialization designation requires three courses (nine credit hours).
- The minor requires five courses (15 credit hours).
- The program begins in January and ends in December.
The program has an optional, yet highly recommended, internship program. Each summer 60-80 students work on internal audit staffs in New York, Chicago, Atlanta, Dallas, Washington, Charlotte, Memphis, Houston, New Orleans, Baton Rouge, etc. A few of these internships involve international travel. The center has placed over 2,700 students in internships.
Several departments have differing course requirements for an internal auditing specialization. Please email firstname.lastname@example.org for specifics.