Executives & Professionals
As Louisiana’s flagship college of business, the E. J. Ourso College of Business uplifts the economy of the state and the lives of its citizens. Our mission is accomplished through outstanding degree programs and vital research. We also support lifelong learning for Louisiana’s business community through certificate programs, non-degree learning opportunities, and specialized training opportunities.
The Flores MBA program rigorously prepares students to enter the business world with an advanced degree from a premier university. We offer cutting-edge course work, personal counseling, and outstanding job placement opportunities at an exceptional value.
The Flores Executive Program is designed for working professionals who would like to earn their MBA while continuing their current employment.
The LSU Flores Online MBA program—ranked 41st among all public colleges and universities in the country and No. 51 overall by U.S. News & World Report—is designed for professionals with at least five years of work experience.
The Professional MBA (PMBA) format generally attracts professionals early in their career who are seeking career advancement opportunity, and who require advanced business knowledge and skills to make themselves more competitive in their marketplace.
Both the Department of Economics and the Stephenson Department of Entrepreneurship & Information Systems offer graduate certificates. In order to earn a graduate certificate, applicants must apply to LSU Graduate School and have already earned a bachelor's degree from an accredited US college or university or its foreign equivalent.
An online Graduate Certificate in Analytics provides working professionals with the skills needed to understand and use available technology to gain insights into data.
A Graduate Certificate in Econometrics is open to graduate students at LSU and to non-traditional students from business, industry and government.
Each fall the LSU Center for Internal Auditing brings alumni and friends together for a chance to network and gain continuing professional education.
A must for the tax practitioner, the course emphasizes preparing the latest year's income tax returns and gives hints that reduce taxes through effective planning.
Hosted annually by the LSU Department of Accounting, the Fraud & Forensic Accounting Conference is designed for certified public accountants, certified fraud examiners, certified internal auditors, forensic accountants, governmental accountants, attorneys, and other accounting and auditing professional or educators.
Stacking debt and equity sources for successful economic development and investor returns.
Executive Education offers a broad selection of non-degree programs designed not only for executives and professionals but also for disabled veterans, mid-level managers, project managers, high potential employees, and a variety of courses for those in the financial industry. Please visit Executive Education for more information and current programs available.
LSU Executive Education hosts programs addressing varied professional development needs.
- The six-day Executive Development Program prepares leaders to meet their organization’s current needs while strategically planning for the future.
- The three-day Rising Stars is an emerging leader program designed for employees who are being groomed for greater responsibility.
- Disney's Approach to Business Excellence
Certificate and Custom Professional Development Programs
LSU Executive Education provides exam prep courses in areas such as:
- Project Management PMI Certification
- Certified Financial Planner
- Custom courses to address specific needs
LSU Executive Education hosts outreach programs such as:
- Entrepreneurship Bootcamp for Veterans (EBV) Accelerate, Louisiana Veteran Entrepreneurship Program (LVEP) - EBV Accelerate assists veteran-owned businesses by providing experiential learning to address the challenges faced by young businesses. LVEP boosts business opportunities for Louisiana veterans; training covers the many skills needed to operate a small business.
- LSU 100 - The LSU 100: Fastest Growing Tiger Businesses identifies, recognizes, and celebrates
the 100 fastest growing Tiger-owned or Tiger-led businesses in the world.
Please visit Executive Education for more information and a listing of available programs.