Laura D. Wiley, CPA
Assistant Department Chair, Senior Instructor, and Undergraduate Advisor, Department of Accounting
2800D Business Education Complex North
501 South Quad Drive
Baton Rouge, LA 70803
- PhD Human Resource Education & Workforce Development, Louisiana State University, Baton Rouge, LA, 2004
- BS Accounting, The University of Alabama, Tuscaloosa, AL, 1993
- MS Accounting, Louisiana State University, Baton Rouge, LA, 1994
Awards & Honors
- LSU Tiger Athletic Foundation Outstanding Instructor Award, LSU TAF, 2019
- Outstanding Instructor Teacher Award, E. J. Ourso College of Business, 2019
- Distinguished Achievement in Accounting Education Award, Society of Louisiana CPAs, 2015
- Outstanding Instructor Teacher Award, E. J. Ourso College of Business, 2014
- PwC xACT National Finalist, PricewaterhouseCoopers LLP, 2007
- Teaching Interests: Financial Accounting, Auditing
- Research Interests: Accounting Education, Assessment
Selected Research Publications
- Wiley, L. D. (2015). The CPA Exam - Evolving Again. 41(4), 6-7.
- Wiley, L. D., Rakow, J. S., and Rakow, K. (2011). Teaching Financial Literacy in a Co-Curricular Service-Learning Model. Journal Of Accounting Education, 28(2), 103-113.
- Wiley, L., Cheng, C., and Dzuranin, A. (2019, June). Incorporating Data Analytics into the Accounting Curriculum. Presented at Intensive Data and Analytics Summer Workshop II sponsored by American Accounting Association, Orlando, Florida.
- Wiley, L. D. (2019, February). Incorporating Communication into your Accounting Classes. Presented at Wiley Teaching and Learning Summit sponsored by Wiley Publishing, Phoenix, Arizona.
- Wiley, L. D. (2013, March). CPA Exam Update. Presented at LCPA Educator's Workshop sponsored by LCPA, Baton Rouge.
- Wiley, L. D and Johnson, R. NAuditing: A Practical Approach with Data Analytics. Hoboken, NJ: Wiley Publishing.
Professional and Service Activities
- LCPA Accounting Edcuation Issues Committee, Committee Chair (July 1, 2014 - June 30, 2019)
- River Parishes Community College, Guest Speaker (, - November, 2017)
- Globalization Committee, Committee Member (August 1, 2014)
- Scholarship Committee, Committee Member (August 1, 2014)
- Scholarship Committee, Committee Chair (, 2008)
- MAcc Committee, Committee Member (September, 2018)
- Beta Alpha Psi, Faculty Advisor (June, 2016)
- Assurance of Learning, Committee Chair (, 2005)
- Magazine; LCPA Lagniappe Magazine; Wrote an article titled "The CPA Exam - Evolving Again" for the monthly magazine published by the Society of Louisiana CPAs.; 2015
- Magazine; LCPA Lagniappe Magazine; Interviewed for an article about diversity in the accounting profession and also featured on the cover with other CPA's who were interviewed. ; 2014
Employed by LSU since
August 19, 1996