Jared S. Soileau, CCSA, CIA, CISA, CPA, CRMA
Associate Professor, Department of Accounting
2817 Business Education Complex North
501 South Quad Drive
Baton Rouge, LA 70803
- PhD Business Administration, The University of Memphis, Memphis, TN, 2010
- Teaching Interests: Accounting Information Systems, Audit Analytics, Internal Auditing
- Research Interests: Auditing, Internal Auditing, Financial Reporting Quality, Corporate Governance, Risk Management
Selected Research Publications
- Legoria, J., Reichelt, K., and Soileau, J. (2018). Auditors and Disclosure Quality: The Case of Major Customer Disclosures. Auditing: A Journal of Practice & Theory, 37(4), 163-189.
- Johnson, E. Schwartzhoff, Reichelt, K., and Soileau, J. S (2018). No News is Bad News: Do PCAOB Inspections Have an Effect on Annually Inspected Firms' Audit Fees and Audit Quality?. Journal of Accounting Literature, 41, 106-126.
- Soileau, J., Webb, T. Z., and Usrey, S. C. (2017). The Influence of Jurisdictional Sitting Requirements on CPA Exam Pass Rates and Candidates. Issues in Accounting Education, 32(1), 1-15.
- Soileau, J. and Callahan, C. M (2017). Does Enterprise Risk Management Enhance Operating Performance?. Advances in Accounting, 37, 122-139.
- Legoria , J., Rosa, G., and Soileau, J. S (2017). Audt Quality across Non-Audit Service Fee Benchmarks: Evidence from Material Weakness Opinions. Research in Accounting Regulation, 29(2), 1-12.
- Chen, Y., Eshleman, J. Daniel, and Soileau, J. (). Business Strategy and Auditor Reporting. Auditing Journal of Practice and Theory, 36(2), 63-86.
- Chen, Y., Eshleman, J. Daniel, and Soileau, J. (2016). Board Gender Diversity and Internal Control Weaknesses. Advances in Accounting, 33(June/2016), 11-19.
- Soileau, J. and Chen, Y. (2014). Does Pedigree Matter? Earnings Quality of U.S. Listed Domestic Firms via Reverse Mergers. Journal of Accounting and Public Policy, 33(6), 573-595.
- Bailey, C. D. and Soileau, J. (2011). Q-Analytics: An Ethics Case on Unlicensed Software Usage. Journal of Accounting Education, 29, 50-59.
Professional and Service Activities
- Honors College Board, Committee Member (January, 2014)
- University Faculty Senate, Committee Member (September 28, 2017)
- Accounting Ph.D Committee, Committee Member (March 25, 2013)
Employed by LSU since
August 16, 2010