Padmakumar Mathrumandiram Sivadasan
Department of Accounting - Associate Professor
Associate Professor, Department of Accounting
2817 Business Education Complex North
501 South Quad Drive
Baton Rouge, LA 70803
Awards & Honors
- Dean's Award for Teaching Excellence, A.B. Freeman School of Business, Tulane University, 2017
- Irving H. Lavalle Award for Teaching Excellence, A.B. Freeman School of Business, Tulane University, 2015
- List of Teachers Ranked Excellent by Their Students, University of Illinois Urbana Champaign, 2012
- List if Teachers Ranked Excellent by Their Students, University of Illinois at Urbana-Champaign, 2011
- Victor Bernard Memorial Scholar, University of Illinois Urbana-Champaign, 2009
- Marvin and Nancy Dennis Doctoral Fellowship, University of Illinois Urbana-Champaign, 2008
- Jane Sewell Scholarship, University of North Texas, 2005
- Teaching Interests: Auditing, Financial Accounting
- Research Interests: Auditing, Corporate Governance, Taxataion
Selected Research Publications
- Kemsley, D., Sivadasan, P., and Subramaniam, V. (2018). THE COMPOSITE DIVIDEND TAX RATE. Accounting and Business Research, 48(7), 727-758.
- Doogar, R., Rowe, S., and Sivadasan, P. (2015). ASLEEP AT THE WHEEL (AGAIN)? BANK AUDITS DURING THE LEAD-UP TO THE FINANCIAL CRISIS. Contemporary Accounting Research, 32(1), 358-391.
- Doogar, R. and Sivadasan, P. (2015). AUDIT FEE RESIDUALS: COSTS OR RENTS?. Review of Accounting Studies, 20(4), 1247-1286.
- Doogar, R., Sivadasan, P., and Solomon, I. (2010). THE REGULATION OF PUBLIC COMPANY AUDITING: EVIDENCE FROM THE TRANSITION TO AS5. Journal of Accounting Research, 48(4), 795-814.
Employed by LSU since
August 15, 2019