- PhD Economics, University of Minnesota
- BA Economics, Peking University
- MA Economics, University of Minnesota
- Excellence in Teaching Award, Dept. of Economics, LSU, 2016
- Excellence in Teaching Award, Dept. of Economics, LSU, 2014
- Teaching Interests: Macroeconomics
- Research Interests: Macroeconomics (Consumption, Savings, Human Capital)
Selected Research Publications
- Borella, M., De Nardi, M., and Yang, F. (2018). The Aggregate Implications of Gender and Marriage. The Journal of the Economics of Ageing, 11(2018), 6-26.
- Borella, M., De Nardi, M., Yang, F., and Dharmasankar, S. (2017). For effective policy, economic models must include women .
- Li, W., Liu, H., Yang, F., Yao, R., , ., and , . (2016). Housing Over Time and Over the Life Cycle: A Structural Estimation. International Economic Review, 57(4), 1237 1260.
- Liu, X., Yang, F., and Cai, Z. (2016). Is Relative Risk Aversion Time-varying? Evidence from Households' Portfolio Choice Data. Journal of Economic Dynamics and Control, 69, 2016229 248.
- Jones, J. B and Yang, F. (2016). Skill-Biased Technical Change and the Cost of Higher Education. Journal of Labor Economics.
- De Nardi, M. and Yang, F. (2016). Wealth Inequality, Family Background, and Estate Taxation. Journal of Monetary Economics, 77, 130-145.
- De Nardi, M., Fella, G., and Yang, F. (2016). Piketty's Book and Macro Models of Wealth Inequality. Chicago Fed Letter, 352.
- Dotsey, M., Li, W., and Yang, F. (2015). Home Production and Social Security Reform. European Economic Review, 73, 131 150.
- De Nardi, M. and Yang, F. (2014). Bequests and Heterogeneity in Retirement Wealth. European Economic Review, 72, 182 196.
- Dotsey, M., Li, W., and Yang, F. (2014). Consumption and Time Use over the Life Cycle. International Economic Review, 55(3), 665 692.
- Ge, S., Yang, F., and , . (2013). Accounting for Gender Gap in College Attainment. Economic Inquiry, 51(1), 478 499.
- Yang, F. (2013). Social Security Reform with Impure Intergenerational Altruism. Journal of Economic Dynamics and Control, 37(52-67).
- Li, W. and Yang, F. (2010). American Dream or American Obsession? The Economic Benefits and Costs of Homeownership. Business Review, Q3, 20-30.
- Yang, F. (2009). Consumption over the Life Cycle: How Different is Housing?. Review of Economic Dynamics, 12(3), 423-443.
- De Nardi, M., Fella, G., and Yang, F. (2017). Macro Models of Wealth Inequality In Heather Boushey J., Bradford DeLong, Marshall Steinbaum (Ed.), After Piketty: The Agenda for Economics and Inequality
- 2015-Piketty's Book and Macro Models of Wealth Inequality
Professional and Service Activities
- Midwest Macro Meetings, Program Organizer (January, 2017 - May 23, 2017)
- Public Finance Review, Editor, Associate Editor (March, 2017)
Employed by LSU since
August 19, 2013