National Public Gardens Week
May 11-16, 2020 | Online
The LSU AgCenter Botanic Gardens at Burden will host an online National Public Gardens Week celebration via their website and Facebook page beginning May 11 and ending May 16. National Public Gardens Week celebrates gardens and arboreta across the United States and encourages everyone to enjoy and support these green treasures. This year the Botanic Gardens encourages everyone to celebrate their own green treasures.
Although you can’t join us in our gardens for NPGW, we are excited to bring the celebration to you. I hope you will virtually join our experts to learn how you can better enjoy your own garden. Each day of NPGW, the Botanic Gardens will share a themed educational video on our website and Facebook page with a corresponding giveaway on Facebook.
- Monday, May 11 – Backyard Birding
- LSU Wildlife Ecology Professor, Dr. Ashley Long, shares tips for backyard birding.
- Tuesday, May 12 – Herbal Cocktails
- Beausoleil bartender, Jessica Burris, shares their recipe for a southern favorite: Mint Julep.
- Wednesday, May 13 – Volunteer Appreciation
- The Botanic Gardens staff thanks all volunteers for their time and support of the gardens.
- Thursday, May 14 – Garden Yoga
- Leela Yoga Lifestyle instructor, Allyson Huval, live streams garden yoga class at 9 a.m.
- Friday, May 15 – Floral Friday
- Billy Heroman’s floral designer, Missy Hosner, shares floral arranging tips.
- Saturday, May 16 – Fairy Gardening
- East Baton Rouge Parish Master Gardener, Kitty Bull, shares ways to make a fairy garden.