Key Request Procedure
The purpose of the key issuance procedures is to support Facilities Services in their efforts to provide the highest security for all LSU facilities. Per PS-49, Facility Services has identified building coordinators for each LSU facility to assist in the key issuance process. For the LSU Student Union/Auxiliary Services department, the Facilities Manager, will serve in this role.
- Fill out the key request form.
- All key request forms should be attached to an email and sent to the Auxiliary Services work order email, email@example.com. Keys may not be ordered by telephone.
- There is a charge for each key made. Please include an account number to be charged $5.00 on the key request form.
- The Facilities Manager will approve and enter the request through the Facility Services work order tracking system.
- Facility Services will notify the Facilities Manager when the keys are ready to be picked up.
- The Facilities Manager will contact the individual/employee notifying them that their key is ready to be picked up at the Facility Services Building, Room 120.
- Keys can be picked up between the hours of 8:00 a.m. and 5:00 p.m.
- The individual/employee will pick their key up at the Facility Services Building.
- It is the individual/employee’s responsibility to immediately verify that the key works.
Lost/ stolen keys:
If a key is lost or stolen, the staff member’s Department Head, LSU Facility Services, and the LSU Student Union/Auxiliary Service’s Facilities Manager must be notified. Also, a police report must be filed with LSU PD. A copy of the police report must be attached to the Facility Services Key Replacement Work Order and sent in to firstname.lastname@example.org .
Termination of Employment:
Upon termination of employment, or when a change in space assignment occurs, key(s) must be returned to Facility Services. Please inform the LSU Student Union/Auxiliary Services Facilities Manager, via email of any termination/space assignment changes so that he/she can make the appropriate changes in the facility key inventory log.
LSU Key Issuance Agreement:
As an LSU employee, you acknowledge receipt of the requested key and agree to adhere to the key control policies and procedures as per the University Rules & Regulations:
- Key(s) remain the permanent property of Louisiana State University.
- A lost or stolen key(s) must be reported immediately to LSU OFS and LSU PD. A fee will be charged for each lost key and to rekey lock(s), if deemed necessary.
- Individuals may not loan keys to anyone.
- Only an LSU locksmith may duplicate an LSU key(s).
- No employee will unlock a door for any person unless they are certain the individual is authorized to be in the building/room/area. Upon termination of employment, periods of extended leave from the university, or when a change in space assignment occurs, key(s) must be returned to Facility Services. A fee will be charged for each unreturned key plus the cost to replace each core the lost key operates.