Outbound Mailing Standards
- Outbound mail to be metered with postage must have a Postage Charge Form attached
- Domestic and International Postage Charge Forms
- Click link for example on “How to Complete the Domestic Mail Postage Charge“
- Form must contain typed Workday Driving Worktag and Barcode.
- View and complete form using Adobe Acrobat.
- Form Fields and barcode creation do not work when using Chrome
- No spaces or dashes should be used when entering the worktag
- Include all preceding and trailing zeroes in the worktag
- Other form fields may be completed by hand
- Outbound mail to be metered must have a LSU return address
- Separate outbound mail into 4 categories
- Domestic Departmental Mail to be metered
- International Departmental Mail to be metered
- Mail with Postage Stamps applied
- Campus Mail
- Overstuffed envelopes should be sealed closed with tape
- Contact our mail vendor, The UPS Store, at 578-6756 or email@example.com for USPS forms, Campus Mail envelopes, bins and trays
- Glossy paper stock is not recommended for machine metered mail pieces. Contact our mail vendor, The UPS Store at 578-6756 or firstname.lastname@example.org to inquire if the paper stock being used can be machine metered
As of January 28, 2019, we are unable to process unsealed mail with the flaps up. Please make sure the flap is down on all envelopes.