Business Reply Mail Information
On behalf of LSU Mailing Services, Auxiliary Services holds a Business Reply Mail Permit that is available to all LSU departments wishing to use the service. Business Reply Mail service enables departments to receive mail back and be charged postage only for the pieces returned.
- The Business Reply Mail must be addressed to LSU Mailing Services, the permit holder’s address. This address and design may not be altered.
Louisiana State University
PO BOX 80171
Baton Rouge, LA 70898-9943
- Departments are required to place their Department Name and Workday Driving Worktag in the upper left corner of the mail piece to ensure proper delivery of BR Mail to the department and accurate postage billing. Additional information may be added as an option such as: project name, survey name, contact name
- LSU Mailing Services collects BR Mail daily from the BR Mail PO Box. Using the information referenced in the upper left corner of the envelope, the postage is charged to the department’s driving worktag and delivered to the department.
- Departments wishing to use the Business Reply Mail Service will need to have the envelopes printed. If the LSU brand is to be used in the return address field, please consult Procurement before printing.
- Departments should notify LSU Mailing Services, email@example.com, each time they utilize BR Mail, supplying a pdf proof of the BR Mail envelope being used and the number of mail pieces being sent.
- Please contact firstname.lastname@example.org for the BR Mail Permit number and additional information on using Business Reply Mail
- In the upper left-hand corner of the letter in the return address section, please include Department Name and Workday Worktag