Faculty are responsible for making their instructional materials accessible. Anything posted on a website or on Moodle must be accessible. To assist faculty with this task, the LSU Digital and Continuing Education team is excited to offer a faculty professional development course titled Designing and Teaching Accessible Courses. This course will be offered in both a blended format and a fully online format. For more information and to register, visit https://training.lsu.edu.
The Division of Strategic Communications offers weekly accessibility trainings for users in OU Campus and LSU's implementation of WordPress. The training includes the following:
- What is online accessibility and why it's important
- Governing legislation
- Benchmarks for accessibility
- Equally Effective Alternate Access
- Creating and maintaining accessible content in OU Campus and WordPress
- Publishing checks
- Accessibility resources for pdfs, pptx, doc, etc.
- Video, social and email accessibility