As members of the LSU campus community, all employees have an accessibility responsibility, particularly those who:
- Prepare documents
- Manage social media accounts
- Design graphics
- Review or approve purchases
- Manage websites, databases, online calendars
- Onboard new employees
Basic Accessibility Checklists
- Courses (PDF)
- WebAIM Color Contrast Checker and WebAIM Link Contrast Checker
- Tips for Creating Accessible Documents
Website Accessibility Checker and Reporting Tools
LSU has acquired the SiteImprove tool, which allows units to identify and remediate inaccessible content more quickly. Units interested in using SiteImprove may contact the Division of Strategic Communications Web team at email@example.com to obtain access.
Webpage Checker Tools
These tools can be installed in browsers to run checks on individual pages.
Math and Equation Checklists
LSU has purchased an enterprise license for Adobe Creative Cloud, which includes Adobe Pro. Active faculty and staff now have access to download this service.
For more information and instructions to download onto your devices, visit the GROK FAQ article.
- Running Accessibility Checker in Word (Mac) (GROK article)
- Running Accessibility Checker in Word (Windows) (GROK article)
- MS Word Guidelines
- Making Word Documents Accessible (Video)
- Running Accessibility Checker in PowerPoint (Mac) (GROK article)
- Running Accessibility Checker in PowerPoint (Windows) (GROK article)
- MS PowerPoint Guidelines
- PowerPoint Accessibility Techniques
- Captioning Best Practices
- LSU Live Captioning Requirements
- How to Caption Videos in Kaltura (GROK article)
- How to Edit Videos in Kaltura (GROK article)
- How to Manually Add Captions to Panopto on (GROK article)
- How to Caption On-Demand YouTube Videos (Video)
- How to Caption Livestream in YouTube (Video)