20-Minute Mentor Commons from Magna Publications is a 20-minute video provided to LSU faculty compliments of CxC. Designed for faculty’s busy schedules, these brief programs deliver focused, fact-filled examinations of issues important to today’s college professors. Click here for information on how to take advantage of this resource. Please note: you will need a myLSU login to access this content.
Some of the 20-Minute Mentor topics relevant to communication-intensive teaching include:
- What Is the Role of Communication In Teaching Excellence?
- Should I Encourage Experiential Learning During Class? How?
- How Can I Get Students to Engage with Course Content Before Class?
- How Can I Encourage Students to Stay Connected with Course Content After Class?
- How Can I Use Microactivities to Engage Students and Improve Learning and Retention?
- How Can I Use Technology to Foster the Emotional Processing of Course Content?
- How Can I Plan (or Revise) My Courses More Efficiently?
- How Can I Align Technology with My Pedagogical Goals?
- What are 10 Tips to Collaborate with Colleagues?
- How Can I Effectively Supervise Teaching and Research Assistants?
- How Can Promoting Academic Integrity Improve Learning Outcomes for Students?
- What are Five Methods that Help Students Become More Effective Learners?
- How Can I Effectively Mentor Students?
- How Can I Inspire Creative Confidence in the Classroom?
- What Are the Secrets to Providing Highly Effective Feedback to Students?
- How Can I Make My Course Content More Accessible?