CxC Faculty Learning Communities
You asked for them, and now they are here: CxC Faculty Learning Communities!
CxC FLCs are small, interdisciplinary groups for faculty interested in:
- exploring, reflecting on, and discussing topics surrounding communication-intensive
teaching and learning;
- connecting with peers equally committed to teaching, service, and research; and
- building collaborative relationships across disciplines.
Here's how the Spring 2017 session will work:
- Small groups of 5-7 faculty will meet across campus 3-4 times per semester for an hour to talk about teaching and learning. You'll learn about teaching techniques other faculty are using, share things that work well in your classes, pick up some new teaching resources, and get to know your colleagues across campus.
- We're setting meeting times when it is most convenient for you. You tell us, in general,
day/time works best for you and we'll formulate small groups for the spring semester based
on your preference.
- Prior to each small group meet-up, CxC will suggest a discussion theme/topic and provide
you with a few brief reference resources to help guide your small group conversations.
It is simple (and hopefully a little fun, too!), so take advantage of this professional development opportunity.
NOTE: FLCs are open to all LSU faculty, instructors, and graduate teaching assistants.
If you are not currently registered for a group, simply email email@example.com with your request and we’ll get you hooked in!